• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pink Floyd

the Jester

Legend
Man, I wish I coulda been there.

I hope they do put another album out together, and that it doesn't suck, and that they tour, and that they come to the USA and I get to go see 'em!

Staffan said:
As I understand it, it's rather unlikely that there'll be a DVD of the original Live Aid, because of rights issues or something like that.

I have the 4 DVD set of the original Live Aid that was released earlier this year in Australia.
The quality is average but the feeling and emotion of the event really come through. Apparently, the BBC footage of the London concert was stuck in some film tin for goodness knows how long and so some of the stuff was lost. However, it was the Philadelphia concert that suffered the most with lost footage, not recording some of the concert and satellite issues. However, there is still enough there for fans to enjoy. Personally, I dug the London concert more anyway.

I can post a full list when I get home from work if people are interested.

And as for Pink Floyd, Channel 9 in Sydney saw fit to only play Wish You Were Here. Still, this was the highlight of the concert for me. I have the entire Floyd collection on CD and everything that has been released on DVD so far - I'm happy to be called a Floyd Nut.

Funnily enough, the one DVD that I hope they release is the Delicate Sound of Thunder concert. Am I alone in this?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Darrin Drader

Explorer
BOZ said:
i haven't heard very much of Waters' solo material. got any particular songs to recommend? :D

It's a concept album, very much in the vein of The Wall, but maybe a little less serious. I just listened to it again last night. It's just a brilliant, if extremely jaded piece. I have no specific songs to recommend. Just go get the whole thing and give it a few listens. If it were a Floyd album, I would rank it in their top 5.

Herremann the Wise said:
Funnily enough, the one DVD that I hope they release is the Delicate Sound of Thunder concert. Am I alone in this?

Not at all. That was post-Waters Floyd at their best.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads