Pirate Borg -- any of you scurvy dogs have it?

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi all,

I ran Buried in the Bahamas for four players last week and it was really fun. We made characters first, then went straight into the first battle in the storm in which 2 PCs died (both had 1 hp). They were swiftly replaced with pregens from Limithron’s website (/randompirate), and the group had fun getting off Conception Island, fending off bloodthirsty sharks, and exploring the caves. I let them gain XP after they’d escaped the island and that made things much more survivable.

Everyone enjoyed the game and I’d definitely run it again.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Some good news, bad news about Pirate Borg.

The Dark Caribbean sourcebook is pushed back to 2025, as Limithron wants to make sure it's polished as can be and nearly complete by the time it goes up on Kickstarter. (Hard to argue with that.)

In the meantime, (at least) three adventures and some generators that were written for Dark Caribbean will be moved instead to a book currently called Down Among the Dead and that will get kickstarted this year, in a campaign that will also include an official screen, dice, devil's luck coins, a whole lot of tactical maps for naval and ground combat, etc.

I had been very much looking forward to getting the Dark Caribbean book and getting together an ongoing campaign, but more adventures is never a bad thing. And I'd much rather have a great setting book than an early setting book.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
During Monday's four-hour (!) livestream yesterday (Luke spent it drawing the Ponce de Leon portrait for the Dark Caribbean sourcebook and deck of NPCs -- be careful what you wish for, when you want to live forever), the team announced two new initiatives:

1) The Known Pirate Conspirator jam, which is set to be an annual thing. There's $3,000 in cash prizes and free pirate conspirator pins for everyone who creates adventures, monsters, classes or other material during their jam in May. The top entries will be assembled in a book by Limithron to be published at cost through Lulu, so we'll be getting a bunch of new Pirate Borg material this summer, which is cool.

2) To make doing that kind of thing easier, they're close to publishing an in-depth style guide with downloadable assets to make third party and fan-made Pirate Borg stuff look as much like the Limithron books if people want. It looks really comprehensive and even includes where to find free art assets, which is one of the things I think a lot of us find challenging.

Remove ads