Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Yeah, when I read about the heal I thought you guys were going to be in trouble. But then, this is the problem I've seen a lot with the one BBEG versus a group that's well organized.

Were the airborne troops just using terrible timing, or did you manage to delay them somehow? I could certainly see the over-confident Caustas expecting to lead the fight on the ground and have them just mop up the people fleeing...

Oh, and I really like the imagery of Caustas riding the lighting bolt down to the ground. Wonderful dramatic arrival.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It was, in fact, a series of well-positioned sunbursts. Other spell highlights included Agar's maximized polar ray, a nice cone of cold from Ioun, a maximized flame strike from Velendo, a ray of enfeeblement from Agar (which was ineffective, due to a well-considered spell immunity on Caustas), and several additional bits of glorious mayhem. An exact round-by-round accounting would have forced me to compare Caustas's potential to his ugly ugly death, and would have just made me cry even harder. *sniff*

For folks not in my game, his stats have been posted on the thread-which-must-not-be-named.

Man, I thought it was so clever having a runty cloud giant with almost full cover serving as the Imperator's healing battery. Thanks to Fajitas (who played Ioun, while WisdomLikeSilence played Annel) and the maze spell, it turned out to be a lot less efficacious than I had expected.

Last edited:

Blackjack

First Post
Piratecat said:
Man, I thought it was so clever having a runty cloud giant with almost full cover serving as the Imperator's healing battery. Thanks to Fajitas (who played Ioun, while WisdomLikeSilence played Annel) and the maze spell, it turned out to be a lot less efficacious than I had expected.

Can of cloud giant, meet can of whoop-ass. Can of whoop-ass, meet can of clou-- *clang* *thump* *BOOM*

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Nice job, Defenders. The power of a group that has worked together for so long (both IC and OOC) ... much to be admired.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Greybar said:
Yeah, when I read about the heal I thought you guys were going to be in trouble. But then, this is the problem I've seen a lot with the one BBEG versus a group that's well organized.

I wouldn't call it a problem so much as a feature of high-level play. Combats are much less frequent, which engenders both tougher enemies and a tendency for parties to open a can and turn it to 11 much, much faster.

Oh, and by the way? That was awesome.

Remove ads