Planescape Planescape 5E Hinted at?

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Correction: Hartvale is part of the Remembered Realms, it was in SKT a bit, and features in AL material for SKT heavily. The Reghed Glacier is probably also going to play into the new Adventure, though we'll know in a couple weeks.

Weiley31

Legend
Sigil seems to step on a lot of toes in Magic since Ravnica fills the niche of a giant city with varied diverse factions. Still, it would be cool for a one-off theme for a set.
That would take alot of work to refluff all of Ravnica to Planescape. Even by 5E's stance on refluffing.(But I never realized point about Sigil stepping on toes til you just now pointed that fact out.)

I would be all for a legit 5E Planescape. Mostly just cuz I prefer Physical Copies of my DND books and DMguilds just has pdfs for their Planescape bundle

But I won't lie: At the risk of being incinerated on the spot by the forum, I'd only want another MtG setting book for 5E if it was Throne of Eldraine. After that, you guys can have anything you want.

see

Pedantic Grognard
2. It uses the 3E map, which is out of proportion with the Setting in earlier and current Editions (weirdest retcon ever?).
Well, adjusting the map on the back-of-book poster to fit on one sheet would have been fine; you just make a note that the cartography is distorted because it's an in-universe map. The weird retcon was matching the edition's in-book regional maps to the poster map's distorted geography (while the whole-world "A Scholar's View of Abeir-Toril" map on p.231 of the 3e FRCS used the same proportions as 1e/2e).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, adjusting the map on the back-of-book poster to fit on one sheet would have been fine; you just make a note that the cartography is distorted because it's an in-universe map. The weird retcon was matching the edition's in-book regional maps to the poster map's distorted geography (while the whole-world "A Scholar's View of Abeir-Toril" map on p.231 of the 3e FRCS used the same proportions as 1e/2e).

It was just such a peculiar decision.

Remove ads