Planescape Planescape 5E Hinted at?

Revised. A few other notes included, too.

View attachment 125304

Every time you post a new map it hurts me 🥺. Oh a dream of what could be but remains ever forgotten.

As for what diTerlizzi is working on I don't think wotc will ever get back to the old settings as others have said. Dragonlance maybe but I heard Wies and Hickman turned that down being offered to little for the license.

I'm hoping it's at least more than a few MTG cards. I'd be okay with a whole card set of his art work but I'd much perfer if he at least got to work on some splat book even if it's MTG over the classic settings.

If they had Phyrexia book in the works with diTerlizzi doing the artwork I could really get into it.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
As for what diTerlizzi is working on I don't think wotc will ever get back to the old settings as others have said. Dragonlance maybe but I heard Wies and Hickman turned that down being offered to little for the license.
They might have failed to reach an agreement, but it wasn't a license. WotC owns all the rights to Dragonlance.

Coroc

Hero
I'll add, that going through Tony's twitter feed, there is a lot of tweets about D&D, and not Magic the Gathering. And when I search "Wizards of the Coast Dragons" this image is one of the top in Google Images (and is used in Wizard of the Coast News Page), so I don't think this is MtG related.

View attachment 125278

Also, I really love how Tony's art has adapted. I honestly wouldn't like to see his original style recreated for Planescape, but his new style would fit that sweet spot of whimsy for me.

Odd, is has got two sets of wings, what is it?

Orius

Legend
WotC didn't dump Planescape, they put the planar stuff back into core. All the planes stuff in 3e more or less built on Planescape. So while they probably won't return to a full planar based setting, anything they do with Planescape material will likely be core and from a Material Plane PoV.

Remove ads