Planescape [Planescape] Monk tradtion for Believers of the Source

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Monks of every disciple harness a magic they call ki to push their bodies beyond natural limits and conjure up magical effects from their own inner soul. Ki is harnessed through practice, dedication, training, and rigorous structure. All who harness it resemble Believers in that they try, fail, and try again. Believers are attracted to this training, and believe that the ki it produces is something of the spark of immortality that all beings have. Those who master its use can slip the bounds of their mortal shells and attain the power that gods wield. Monk features like Timeless Body and Tongue of the Sun and Moon point at the inherent divinity of every soul, properly honed, gaining something of the omniscience, immortality, and omnipotence of true gods. Monks who train in the Forge's sooty environs, however, know how to truly break the shackles of mortality, pursuing a path of self-improvement that ultimately, the believe, will end with their divine ascension.

Way of the Immortals

(joining my Unknown Domain for Athar! I'm looking to eventually have an alternate class option for each faction).

Remove ads