• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Planescape Pre-order Page Shows Off The Books!

Take a look at the books, poster map, and DM screen!

You can now pre-order Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse from D&D Beyond. The set comes out on October 17th.

Scroll down through the comments to see more various peeks at the books!

• Discover 2 new backgrounds, the Gate Warden & the Planar Philosopher, to build planar characters in the D&D Beyond character builder
  • Channel 7 otherworldly feats, new intriguing magic spells & more powered by planar energies
  • Explore 12 new ascendant factions, each with distinct cosmic ideologies
  • Face over 50 unusual creatures including planar incarnates, hierarch modrons, and time dragons in the Encounter Builder
  • Journey across the Outlands in an adventure for characters levels 3-10 and 17
  • Adds adventure hooks, encounter tables, maps of Sigil and the Outlands & more to your game
This 3 books set comprises:
  • Sigil and the Outlands: a setting book full of planar character options with details on the fantastic City of Doors, descriptions of the Outlands, the gate-towns that lead to the Outer planes, and more
  • Turn of the Fortunes Wheel: an adventure set in Sigil and the Outlands designed for character levels 3-10 with a jump to level 17
  • Morte’s Planar Parade: Follow Morte as he presents over 50 inhabitants of the Outer Plane, including incarnates, hierarch modrons, time dragons, and more with their stats and descriptions

2321b38bdbc2d8e550f36556ba5a79e9_1920_KR.png

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Definitely wondering where the value (to the consumer, not WotC) is here.
The value is to 5e players/DMs that are interested in the setting, older DMs and players that want to play in the setting without converting their older books to 5e by themselves, and anyone else that might be interested in playing 5e Planescape. A lack of new races doesn't mean the book is worthless or low effort. How about we wait until the book is out to judge it? Maybe it will be another disappointment like Spelljammer, maybe it will be good. You're basically judging a book by its cover, before it's even released.

I am torn on the DiTerlizzi covers. The new art for the books and DM screen looks pretty nice too and DiTerlizzi's while harkening back to 2E which I loved, seem to have little to do with the actual book content - for example with he drew Morte for the Bestiary, not a Githyanki.

Aren't Agathions basically super-shapeshifters who just look like luminous Elves in their normal forms? The Angels I saw on the DM screen look more like Devas.

Oh yeah, I saw that when they announced the book and showed that art. I was just wondering if DiTerlizzi was actually told what to draw or was just left to do some Planescape hommage?
If we take what he drew as relevant to the book, then apart from the Dabus, we will have the Cat Lord in the book too. As well as probably more types of Mephits.

That just means Death Slaadi currently. But again, that has always been so, though, you are right, was never explained. Could be due to some meddling by fiends or negative energy infection maybe? I think 4E replaced the Death Slaad with Black/Void Slaadi, maybe that was the direction they went with that too. That variant has yet to appear in 5E though.
Death Slaadi are outright stated to be corrupted by Negative energy.

I am torn on the DiTerlizzi covers. The new art for the books and DM screen looks pretty nice too and DiTerlizzi's while harkening back to 2E which I loved, seem to have little to do with the actual book content - for example with he drew Morte for the Bestiary, not a Githyanki.

I have to wonder if the illustrations for the bestiary and adventure books got mixed up (hopefully just in the example illustrations and not in real life). The Fortune's Wheel cover has a lot of creatures on it, as one would expect from a bestiary, and there looks to be a Morty-esque floating skull in the upper right corner.

Scribe

Legend
All those things exist in the original 2e boxed set, still available on Drivethru.

And I would likely put a moderate sum of money on that selling an absolute fraction of whatever total the new book sells.

Further, I would argue the staggering majority of people who buy the new books, have zero clue what Drivethru is in the first place.

mamba

Legend
And I would likely put a moderate sum of money on that selling an absolute fraction of whatever total the new book sells.
yes, that is not much of an argument for the 5e book offering more than the 2e one does however, it is only an argument for why they are creating a 5e book

Further, I would argue the staggering majority of people who buy the new books, have zero clue what Drivethru is in the first place.
which also nicely explains your above paragraph

Remathilis

Legend
I don’t want the Lady to have any implied desires or goals stated by the game. I have no interest in her being like the Raven Queen.

She should be an enigma like the Mourning from Eberron, any answers are purely for a DM to decide.
Or the Dark Powers of Ravenloft; a presence that embodies the setting as the DM sees fit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads