• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
The barmaid laughs playfully at Kiaros, "Ah, such a charmer," she says, her fingers drifting down to unconsciously smooth out the wrinkles in her dress. She takes everyone else's orders as well and soon returns laden with a large tray of various drinks. "Is there anything else you'd be needin'?" she asks brightly once they have all been distributed.

He smiles roguishly at her, admiring her better-than-average looks, "Nothing more than your company, lady of my heart. Perhaps you would like to join us for a drink, so that I can tell you of our grand and dangerous adventures across the planes? What do you prefer, red or white?" He says, indicating the two glasses she brought him.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sephiroth no Miko said:
To Donner, she asks "What manner of steaks would you like, sir? Tonight, we've got Bytopian ni'aith filets, Abyssal varrangoin tenderloins, Pandemonian murska steaks, lizard kabobs from Tir Na Og..." She rattles off a list of meats, some more exotic than others, some Donner's never even heard of, and nothing so common as beef or pork.

"Something which is tender enough that I don't need to be gnawin' on it fer half an hour, with a not so exotic flavor," he says not knowing entirely what would be a good choice about now.

As the waitress is about to leave he calls out to her, "and not too expensive, rich slabs ain't so much my taste."

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Ferrix said:
"Something which is tender enough that I don't need to be gnawin' on it fer half an hour, with a not so exotic flavor," he says not knowing entirely what would be a good choice about now.
She nods, and with the tray of drinks comes several large chunks of... something milky-pale and fleshy with odd little ridges on it. "Ni'iath filets," the barmaid announces, setting the plate down in front of Donner, "from the skies of Bytopia." Despite its dubious appearance, it smells quite delicious and he soon finds it tastes much better than it looks, the meat firm and flavorful, not unlike a cross between duck and pork.

Serpenteye said:
He smiles roguishly at her, admiring her better-than-average looks, "Nothing more than your company, lady of my heart. Perhaps you would like to join us for a drink, so that I can tell you of our grand and dangerous adventures across the planes? What do you prefer, red or white?" He says, indicating the two glasses she brought him.
The barmaid is indeed quite fair to look upon, a buxom half-elf with shining honey-wheat curls and wide green-gray eyes. She smiles prettily at Kiaros, obviously flattered by his attention, but regretfully shakes her head. "Sorry, sir, but I cannot stay to wigwag. The Wayfarer's fair hoppin' tonight and Riaen would blow her top if I stopped workin' the floor." She tilts her head back towards the bar where he could see a stocky, gray-haired woman with a dour expression tending it.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

After clicking her glass and taking a few sips, Zoe looks over to Vlad, asking: “I'm a bit surprised, Vlad, to hear that from you. Didn't you once say, that death by artificial means - and a disease like this, which can fell a man of such pure heart, cannot be seen as anything else - isn't true? Or do I just remember that wrong?”

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"My own words coming back to haunt me, Zoe? Disease, whatever its cause, isn't always artificial. Although it could be that the baatezu are responsible for it, the opposite could be true, too. In any case, purity of heart doesn't necessarily prevent disease, although it might." Vlad pauses. "My point remains. If Sir Praetol is ready for death, all should be fine." The dwarf drinks some more of his ale. I am loathe to admit it, but what if Sir Praetol was not everything he seems -- perhaps a failure in his duties to his god?

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
Drinks came and went, food arrived and dissapeared *notsomisteriously, Don-ner* and still Flaust leant back against the wall, supposedly asleep. She was trying to be at her best behaviour; with all these purses about just crying out for her own particular attentions it was rather difficult to keep her promise. Pinching was what had almost gotten them slain when they faced the Baatezu. Damnable Amnizu must have had some jink in his pockets! If only it hadn't of turned around when she tried to climb under it's skirts..... Hence the promise to stop stealing unless it were to benefit the group as a whole, not just Flaust's "spanky-majickal-thingies" collection.

Flaust started snoring dramatically. She was rather bored and tired of this place. It smelt like daemons and tiefling.

Eewwww - Tiefling smelt gross.

O!!!???

She smelt herself!

SHE smelt bad!

Flaust may not have been the tidiest looking girl, but she certainly wasn't about to be known for her bad odours (Fighting daemons was afterall rather sweaty work.).

Leaping up from her seat and somersaulting over the table, Flaust landed with a slight wobble and curtsied badly to her friends with a "supposedly" innocent smile on her small features. Then she turned and darted for upstairs and saw if she could get a bath going or something.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Blade manages to not slap her head with her palm, and barely managed to stop rolling her eyes, but a sigh of tolerant exasperation escaped her lips anyway.*

I swear she gets stranger every day...

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
deadestdai said:
Leaping up from her seat and somersaulting over the table, Flaust landed with a slight wobble and curtsied badly to her friends with a "supposedly" innocent smile on her small features. Then she turned and darted for upstairs and saw if she could get a bath going or something.
Flaust wanders around the upper floors, but finds the short corridors quite empty... particularly of help. Poking around in a broom closet on the third floor, however, she finds a large copper basin-- presumably the bathtub.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"We'll have to make sure that Flaust lives forever, because I'm not sure that one's ever going to be ready for the true death." Vlad hides a wry smile in his porter.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
The barmaid is indeed quite fair to look upon, a buxom half-elf with shining honey-wheat curls and wide green-gray eyes. She smiles prettily at Kiaros, obviously flattered by his attention, but regretfully shakes her head. "Sorry, sir, but I cannot stay to wigwag. The Wayfarer's fair hoppin' tonight and Riaen would blow her top if I stopped workin' the floor." She tilts her head back towards the bar where he could see a stocky, gray-haired woman with a dour expression tending it.

He makes a dissapointed face for a short moment, eyes sparkling with humour.
"Then perhaps you could join me in my quarters later, whenever you want to get off... from work. Then we could enjoy a pleasant conversation without all these distractions."

Remove ads