D&D 4E Played Dark Sun 4E Last Night

tylermalan

First Post
Second Session

We played our second session of the intro adventure in the back of the DSCS last night, and had a good time. Our DM still hadn't read much of the book, so there seemed to be very little else that we used that we didn't use the first time around. We kept our original, bad characters and just kept playing. It was a fun time and a good session, but there still wasn't much that was very Dark Sunny about it.

We did, however, start using the "weapons break on a 1" rule, and it is brutal. In that one session, 3 of us (there are 4 players) rolled 1s, and two of us rolled 1s multiple times.

We had a discussion about whether or not implements should also break on a 1, and I don't know what we're going to decide but I don't think they should. Not only does it not say so in the DSCS, but it also doesn't make sense to me.

We didn't make a single endurance check, and the paladin is still wearing "plate" mail (made of chitin).

We did, however, get quite a few chances to use some ingenuity, primarily because of our Psion's class abilities (which, apparently, allow him to do almost anything).

**SPOILERS**

We decided to follow tracks left behind by the beasts of burden that were pulling the wagon we were sent to find. On the way, we got attacked by creatures in the sand. We found the beasts but they were dead, and we got attacked by the creature that was feeding on them. So, we went to this tower in the sand and fought some lizard people before rescuing the caravan drivers and recovering the supplies.

Remove ads