D&D 5E Player agency and Paladin oath.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I have never asked you anything about what you do in your home campaign.

I asked a very direct and simple question. At this point, you’re intentionally avoiding it.

So not @Oofta

But thanks to a bout of extreme procrastination, I went through this entire thread looking for "the question" and can't seem to find it - was it asked in a different thread? I don't really want to derail this thread but am extremely curious - what exactly is this simple question?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So not @Oofta

But thanks to a bout of extreme procrastination, I went through this entire thread looking for "the question" and can't seem to find it - was it asked in a different thread? I don't really want to derail this thread but am extremely curious - what exactly is this simple question?
Oofta literally included it in a quote today.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Oofta literally included it in a quote today.

sigh then I obviously didn't see it because it's a long thread. Something inside a quote is very easy to miss as the quotes are often trunkated. I'll look again, but maybe humor me and pose the question?

Edit: So I think you must be referring to "Why do you respond to discussions about what the official books should say with defensiveness about your home game? No one went, “and everyone who uses orcs differently from how we are saying the core should be written is racist!”, and yet you continue, literally every time, to come in an get preemptively defensive as if someone has said that. Why? "

That's what you are referring to? If yes, obviously that's directed at him solely so I'll drop it on my end.

Last edited:

Oofta

Legend
@doctorbadwolf seems to be saying that I get defensive about my home game without explaining what "it" is. But then they say it's not about my home game.

They have an issue with using orcs to fill the generic bad guy role that in other fiction is filled by zombies, vampires, minions or Storm Troopers. I thought they were implying that it was racist somehow (because instead of wearing the same uniform they're they same species?), but then they claim that's not it either.

Repeatedly insist that I'm being obtuse on purpose because I won't answer his simple question that they won't repeat. But that would just be trolling so that can't be it.

The simple thing would be just to tell me in plain english what the question is, but somehow that can't be accomplished. Maybe they are just trolling. :unsure:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
@doctorbadwolf seems to be saying that I get defensive about my home game without explaining what "it" is. But then they say it's not about my home game.
I don’t care about your home game.

They have an issue with using orcs to fill the generic bad guy role that in other fiction is filled by zombies, vampires, minions or Storm Troopers. I thought they were implying that it was racist somehow (because instead of wearing the same uniform they're they same species?), but then they claim that's not it either.

Repeatedly insist that I'm being obtuse on purpose because I won't answer his simple question that they won't repeat. But that would just be trolling so that can't be it.

The simple thing would be just to tell me in plain english what the question is, but somehow that can't be accomplished. Maybe they are just trolling. :unsure:
I literally spelled it out. The question was why do you do the same disengenuous preemptive defensiveness routine in every thread about racist tropes in D&D?

I don’t expect an actual answer, I’m just tired of this absurd interaction.

Oofta

Legend
I don’t care about your home game.

I literally spelled it out. The question was why do you do the same disengenuous preemptive defensiveness routine in every thread about racist tropes in D&D?

I don’t expect an actual answer, I’m just tired of this absurd interaction.

If I sound defensive, maybe it's because you keep asking my why I'm defensive? Because you just ... won't ... let ... it ... go. You keep insisting that I don't answer something that has no answer because I'm not being defensive in the first place. Kind of like asking "are we there yet" repeatedly. Even after we're there.

We disagree on some things. I think a big D&D tent means that different people will have different approaches. Not the end of the world.

Remove ads