D&D 5E Player vs Player Philter of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is also magically afflicted with a mild psychotic/paranoia madness
Ehh...
she is usually verbally abusing him when she is talking to him (worthless male half-breed).
Ehh..

she talks to him like he is a dog
Ehh..
The other player is ok with this (I think)... He is usually pretty quiet in game and mostly puts up with it.
Ehh..
So she thought of him as her true love when they bedded down. Now the next day has come and she is very confused.
Ehh...
she really had it coming.
Ehhh...

1650011742809.png

Lyxen

Great Old One
What's more unusual to me is that we don't often see characters verbally abusing each other to the extent noted in the OP until-unless they've done something noteworthy (and usually either stupid, highly unwise, or selfish/cowardly) in-game to deserve it.

Well, we sort of have the Legolas-Gimli initial relation as an example, and I've had that kind of roleplaying in some parties. Sometimes it was really "felt" by the characters, sometimes it was just teasing, but in all cases, it was character to character and the players enjoyed it quite a bit.

In particular, I had my CG Wild Archmage constantly teasing the LG priest who was very stuffy, and he bore it with incredible steadfastness. :p

Horwath

Legend
Well, we sort of have the Legolas-Gimli initial relation as an example, and I've had that kind of roleplaying in some parties. Sometimes it was really "felt" by the characters, sometimes it was just teasing, but in all cases, it was character to character and the players enjoyed it quite a bit.

In particular, I had my CG Wild Archmage constantly teasing the LG priest who was very stuffy, and he bore it with incredible steadfastness. :p
or when you have LG Paladin, so you as a CN rogue constantly lie to them, even for the slightest thing.

Lyxen

Great Old One
or when you have LG Paladin, so you as a CN rogue constantly lie to them, even for the slightest thing.
We had that paladin, back in the day, called Sir Tristan Martin-Gelle, who did not like thieves going first because they were always stealing. So once or twice, when a thief tried to go in first, the paladin attacked them, then laid his hand on them to heal them. Usually, the lesson was learned... :)

Horwath

Legend
We had that paladin, back in the day, called Sir Tristan Martin-Gelle, who did not like thieves going first because they were always stealing. So once or twice, when a thief tried to go in first, the paladin attacked them, then laid his hand on them to heal them. Usually, the lesson was learned... :)
stupid rogue,

you always let paladin 1st to scout ahead, when he falls into pit trap, then you steal everything.

After that, you give him the rope to climb out.

Lyxen

Great Old One
stupid rogue,

you always let paladin 1st to scout ahead, when he falls into pit trap, then you steal everything.

After that, you give him the rope to climb out.

Yes, the paladin in general had a hard time, these were a few times where he actually came out on top... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads