Players: Do you wear/carry "props" to the game?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
So, as yesterday and today is carnival in Germany, we have decided to dress up tonight as our characters. The GM will be dressed up as a dungeon map (mainly we'll paint a map on him). Our dwarf player (a verrrry tall guy) will likely be the funniest sight.

And it is all the fault of this post. B-)

JohnH

First Post
This post made me laugh.

A few years ago our DM was bringing his new girlfriend over to watch our game and see if she would be interested in playing with us. It was around Halloween so I ran to the Party City and bought a crap-load of props for everybody at the table. Cloaks, Viking helmet, a warhammer, a mace even a big chest plate. We got all dressed up and waited for them to show.

When they came in I said to the DM, "Hey you didn't wear your stuff, what's up?"

The look on her face was priceless, I think she turned a shade of white. After a lot of guffawing we told her we were screwing around. It was great.

Alternately for the SWSE game that I run I get dressed up all the time. I wore all yellow to represent some guy, a cowboy hat complete with southern accent. I even have a pair of kids green tights to wear on my head to play a twilek crimelord. Generally I give lots of hand outs and use props liberally.

Loonook

First Post
Well, I decided to go for a House Stark game, and I went into the hinterlands. After several days of tracking I found the scat that led me to the den...

My players loved it when I came back with their wolf cubs.

Sadly the whole party was lost in a horrible eaten-by-wolves incident. They were delicious.

---

But seriously, I really never got into props because of a horrible experience in college. We had the local irritating Eldritch Crowleyesque group who wanted me to join them to run a game. I brought my books, a couple of standby players, and a nicely planned game of Ravenloft that could lead into a cool little setpiece for multiple jumping-off points.

When I saw them all dressed up while I was in my blue jeans, hooded sweatshirt, and geeksack 'cross my shoulder I let it go.

Then there came the accents, and the various handkerchiefs and other items.

I finally tapped out when I went outside for a smoke and got to see the portly guy playing Sherlock Holmes-meets-Austin Powers come out and try to stoke a pipe. In character.

And puke across my shoes upon drawing a quarter of a bowl of poorly-packed tobacco in from a cheap big-bore pipe. I loved those comfy old tennis shoes :(.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Remove ads