• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players from Hell.

Norfleet

First Post
The Spectrum Rider said:
A player who had basically guilted her way into my game ("my therapist says it's very important that I be part of this group") watched while a PC argued with an NPC merchant over the price of a magic sword. When the negotiation was over, she said to the PC's player: "Oh, come on, I'm sure you can jew him down!"

Long silence around the table.
Heh. In the games I've been in before, comments like this would be commonplace and expected, and greeted with uproarious laughter.

Then again, the people I associate with have long since rejected the new-age notion that "people are all the same". We accept that people are different, and that stereotypes, both positive and negative, are associated with these differences, and that stereotypes invariably had at least a kernel of truth to them at some point, and are generally exaggerated to the point that they're funny. Sure, they might be insulting, but if it doesn't insult somebody, it's not really funny.

Remove ads