• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Playtest 7 survey is now live.

Remathilis

Legend
With certain builds, at a cost. The current draft seems pretty close to final to me.
Certain builds quickly become "only builds".

And I hope this is not true. If this passes unchecked, either warlock will be my first banned class OR I may just ignore the 2024 PHB altogether and make my own house rules to 2014.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Certain builds quickly become "only builds".

And I hope this is not true. If this passes unchecked, either warlock will be my first banned class OR I may just ignore the 2024 PHB altogether and make my own house rules to 2014.
I mean, you seem to hate everything in the playtest since UA6, so maybe the latter option would be more satisfying to you.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Gave fairly high marks across the board. Noted a few complaints.
  • Let Sorcery Incarnate negate need for Material components.
  • Remove Weapon Mastery from Pact of the Blade and have the damage type swap come online at level 11.
  • Remove Repetable from Lessons of the First Ones.
  • Give all Second Wind uses back on short rest.
  • Get rid of 'start of initiative' resource regeneration. Find another way to provide resource regen.
  • Make Short Rests 5 minutes limited to 2 per long rest (goes to 3 at level 11). Cited how well it works in BG3
  • Don't let stats go to 22 at 19. Instead make the ASI feat only allow you to take a stat to 18 until level 19, when it can let you go to 20. (still allow a 20 stat before 19 by taking other feats)
  • Please, for the love of Kord, make the Barbs damage bonus line up with Prof bonus
  • Make STR 13 requirement for all Heavy weapons (instead of Dex for ranged)
This reminds me I was not as effusively positive about the warlock pact boon and other invocations.

I’d be fine with removing weapon mastery from pact of the blade, though. Let them fight differently from a fighter.

Stalker0

Legend
It works out when WotC decides if the warlock is a gish or a caster, but not both.
yeah the answer might lie in a warlock specific "tenser's transformation" like effect, where the warlock can gain a lot of this martial juice at the cost of a spell. Its not perfect, some would still scream that the warlock can do everything a fighter can do + spells, but at least they would have to give up spell power to gain martial strength.

Although honestly if they went back to 2 attacks it might be fine. I mean the bladelock gets lots of cool stuff, every weapon mastery, different damage types, auto use of charisma on attack and damage, never disarmed, its a pretty solid list already.

Remove ads