• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Playtest 7 survey is now live.

OB1

Jedi Master
Gave fairly high marks across the board. Noted a few complaints.
  • Let Sorcery Incarnate negate need for Material components.
  • Remove Weapon Mastery from Pact of the Blade and have the damage type swap come online at level 11.
  • Remove Repetable from Lessons of the First Ones.
  • Give all Second Wind uses back on short rest.
  • Get rid of 'start of initiative' resource regeneration. Find another way to provide resource regen.
  • Make Short Rests 5 minutes limited to 2 per long rest (goes to 3 at level 11). Cited how well it works in BG3
  • Don't let stats go to 22 at 19. Instead make the ASI feat only allow you to take a stat to 18 until level 19, when it can let you go to 20. (still allow a 20 stat before 19 by taking other feats)
  • Please, for the love of Kord, make the Barbs damage bonus line up with Prof bonus
  • Make STR 13 requirement for all Heavy weapons (instead of Dex for ranged)

Remathilis

Legend
Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else like they’re seeking less feedback? Like, they don’t seem to have asked for ratings on all of the features that received changes. I get the impression that they’re kind of rushing to get the surveys over with at this point, at the expense of getting detailed feedback.
They're reaching the "we're not relitigating this" portion of the feedback. They did that with a lot of Packet 6 too.

Remathilis

Legend
I'm caught wondering how long till they have to lock in.
My guess is that Cleric, Rogue, Druid and Ranger are mostly locked in. Unless something went catastrophically wrong in packet 6, the only changes are going to be balance tweaks and knock-ons (fixes to weapon mastery, class spell lists, etc).

Bard, Paladin, and Monk are going to get another go: Bard needs it now that they are back to their own list, Paladin will be redone without Smite Spells, and Monk needed a second round BADLY. Barbarian, Fighter, Sorcerer and Wizard are going to be mostly OK with small changes made to elements here and there. Warlock might get a third pass though while they continue to figure out how to balance a three-attack smiting class with 9th level spellcasting and the best cantrip in the game,

That said, I think that we're going to get another round of feats and some spells, but I think the bulk of the classwork will be done.

Scribe

Legend
Warlock might get a third pass though while they continue to figure out how to balance a three-attack smiting class with 9th level spellcasting and the best cantrip in the game,

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Yeah, not sure how thats expected to work out, but maybe the Tree Barb can give itself Temp HP? As a treat? :D

Remove ads