• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

Arkhandus

First Post
Irathias curses a few times in Elven, then says "Fine. We'll smoke out the murder-holes with a fire, then douse it and try ramming the portcullis with a log. Assuming any of us can actually chop down one of those trees, since my sword's not particularly made for woodcutting."

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf's face scowls. "It be blasphemy to be usin' a good waraxe to cut timber," Dowkan starts. "But I'm sure Moradin will forgive me if I be usin' it to get to orcs."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dowkan makes quick work in getting log suitable for the task. The tower remains ominously quiet, but the group feels the eyes upon them as they prepare for entry.

Arkhandus

First Post
(ooc: somehow I missed seeing this update. guess everyone else did too. d'oh)

Irathias tells Aramil "Keep watch and shoot anything that tries to shoot us, right? We'll get the fire going, and keep it going as long as we can, 'till its time to douse it and try busting in."

Then he starts grabbing pieces of wood and chucking them into the space in front of the portcullis, gesturing for Dowkan and Thogrim to help him build the woodpile for the fire. Once it's built, he gets to work on setting another branch on fire with his tools, then throws it onto the pile to start the smoke-out-the-stinking-orcs plan.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Irathias's plan goes flawlessly as a large cloud of smoke fills the space and seeps into the murder hole and arrow slits.

The tower remains eerily quiet as fresh burn marks climb their way up the battle-scarred walls.

Arkhandus

First Post
After a few hours (?) of burning wood, Irathias makes himself another torch from a branch and sticks it into the ground nearby, then waits for the firewood to burn itself out most of the way, before splashing some water on it and motioning for the others to do the same. Then he helps Dowkan and Thogrim lift up the main log from the tree, to try battering down the portcullis.

Remove ads