• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

industrygothica

Adventurer
The old portcullis is no match for the makeshift battering ram, and you all almost fall over as you pass over the burning embers and into the foyer of the tower.

Inside, the air is dusty. The simple stone floors are worn with years of wear and devoid of furniture. The barren walls open into similar sized rooms on either side, and an open door leads to a spiral stairway directly in front of you.

WarShrike

First Post
"Alright gentlemen, wait here for a moment, i'll go scout the place out." says Thogrim with a sly grin.

Thogrim casts Sanctuary then checks each room first, then goes up the stairs.

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf drops the battering ram and readies his shield and waraxe. "Time to get me some orcs!" Dowkan says as he awaits the initial investigation by Thogrim.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Thogrim heads up the dark stairs is greeted at the first turn with a heart whack! of a club against the stone wall above his head. Another orc, full-blooded, is staring down at him from a few steps up. The orc slowly opens a grin, apparently glad to see a bit of action himself, and a foul, sickly slime drips from his yellowed tusks.

WarShrike

First Post
Thogrim roars his battlecry and attacks.

[SBLOCK=ooc]I forgot to read Sanctuary's spell description, and equated it's effects with an earlier verson. My bad.[/SBLOCK]

Arkhandus

First Post
(ooc: In case IG's been waiting on us, I'm just waiting for Thogrim to call out for help, or for us to hear him cry out in pain. The half-orc wanted to scout and cast some unknown spell on himself, so Irathias isn't going to come running just after a little noise.)

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I think that Irathias will well recognize Thogrim's battlecry as he makes his attack.

I haven't necessarily been waiting - lazy is more like it. See my post in my other game thread for details on that one.

Anyway, I want to try something a bit different, in hopes of keeping up with things at a more reasonable pace. Despite my earlier proclamations, I want you to start using invisible castle.

Please make all rolls under the same name every time. I'd like to see your initiative rolls, attack and damage, and any skill checks you think might be relevant for that post. If I should need anything else, or someone has yet to roll, I'll do so here.

In that respect, I should tell you that *I* will not be using invisible castle for any rolls that I make. We'll just call it a DM screen. ;)

Thanks guys, and sorry for the delay.[/sblock]

Remove ads