• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

Arkhandus

First Post
After a long silence, Irathias says "Fine, I'll just climb it myself, since nobody else is volunteering. Just be sure to kill anything that sticks its head out before it kills me, and don't shoot me in the arse."

With that, the young elf hops onto the rope and hangs underneath it, putting his bow over one shoulder to bring it up with him. Irathias slowly crawls up the rope, keeping his elven eyes and ears peeled. He leaves his backpack on the ground for now.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Irathias starts cautiously up the rope while the others cover him below. He is about ten feet up the rope when an orange glow emerges from the small window. Seconds later an orc peeks out through the window, his huge yellow tusks set in a mischievous grin as he sets the torch to the rope.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil pulls his bow taunt and aims at the orc.

ooc: I didn't know if he would be able to fire without a readied action, so this post is extremely vague, sorry.

Legildur

First Post
Seeing the orc, the dwarf can't help himself and lets fly with the sling stone before reloading. "Lucky we didn't go chargin' them murder holes," Dowkan mutters to the others.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dowkan looses the bullet from his sling and it smashes the wall next to the window and sends sparks, and a bit of the stone wall flying.

The orc quickly ducks out of the way, leaving no shot for Aramil.

Unfortunately the damage to the rope is done, and the flame begins to do its work as Irathias can feel the strands weakening already.

Arkhandus

First Post
Irathias sighs and scrambles down to avoid a hard fall. 'Of course nobody could shoot the thing first. Now all that's left is to smash our skulls against the infernal gate surrounded by murder holes.' He sits and fumes for a while. But first he uses a waterskin to douse the flames that ate through the far end of his rope, to salvage as much of the rope as he can. Good silk rope isn't all that easy to come by.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Irathias hops down off the wall just before the burning rope snaps and follows him. He's easily able to stamp out the small flame (no water needed, unless you just want to) and salvage all but about five feet of the rope, the rest of which is still attached to the grappling hook now laying on the floor somewhere in an upstairs room.

Remove ads