• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well, better get crackin'. Judgin' from the bridge incident, I don't think any of you want to try climbing with my grapplin' hook and breakin' in from the roof, assuming there's any way inside from up there. So get started breakin' down the door, and I'll get ready to shoot anything that comes a-knockin'." Irathias says, sticking the bottom of his torch into the ground just enough for it to stay in place, so his hands are free to draw his bow and nock an arrow.

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf sighs. "Ain't no proper use of a waraxe," he mutters as he pats the head of the axe. "But maybe it will lead to better things!" Dowkan suggests hopefully. Assuming Thogrim already has an appropriate weapon to use, then Dowkan lines himself up and starts hacking at the door (Power Attack), or he will, reluctantly, loan the axe to Thogrim to use.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The group makes quick work of the double doors, but not without a great deal of noise. If there is anything inside the tower, it is most assuredly aware of your presence now.

Beyond the doors is small corridor leading to a closed portcullis. Each short wall contains an arrow slit, and a murder hole is carved into the ceiling above.

tour34.jpg

A murder hole​

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf eyes the portcullis, and then the murder holes. He knows the risks if the holes are manned and the current mission doesn't warrant great sacrifice. Dowkan looks around to the others with one bushy eyebrow raised.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Uh, right, to the roof then. No sense getting hot tar dumped on us if the orcs actually bothered to post a guard over the entrance." Irathias mutters after taking a peek inside.

The young elf walks around to the side of the tower and gets his grappling hook back out, to try and hurl it onto the roof or a window ledge, if any.

industrygothica

Adventurer
There are more arrow slits where you suppose the second floor would be, but they would be nearly impossible to get a grappling hook into. The nearest usable window is probably on the third floor by the looks of it, nearly 30 feet or more straight up.

The grass is high all around, and there are plenty of pine trees surrounding the area at the base of the mountain.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Thogrim, want to try hooking that window ledge up there? Not sure I've the strength to throw this grapple that far straight up." Irathias asks the half-orc.

(ooc: I don't think we could get a tree up to there. Considering the moat around the place, which would mean the tree'd have to tip at a significant angle to reach the wall, and the tree would likely slide off rather than catching on some small window.)

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf also eyes off the wall and then looks to Thogrim. "It'd be a fair heave," he agrees. "Only one way to find out!" he says by way of encouragement.

Remove ads