D&D 5E Please Support Eberron!

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Good luck, Keith. I want to see all D&D settings supported in D&D5. No world left behind!

...Even if Eberron /is/ too good for the Great Wheel. ::narrows eyes, purses lips::

Syntallah

First Post
Best of luck to you Keith! I have enjoyed Eberron for many years, and will gladly contribute to a worthy cause in order to continue to do so!

On the other hand, just to play Devil's advocate for a moment, do we really need a new Eberron sourcebook? I still have my 3e and 4e sourcebook and using these, it would be relatively effortless to run an Eberron campaign for 5e.

Hellcow

Adventurer
On the other hand, just to play Devil's advocate for a moment, do we really need a new Eberron sourcebook? I still have my 3e and 4e sourcebook and using these, it would be relatively effortless to run an Eberron campaign for 5e.
In some ways, a 5E Eberron sourcebook would likely be aimed at new players who have never used any other system. Personally, I'm interested in the opportunity to explore other aspects of the setting in more detail. Much of the attention has been focused on the Five Nations, and I'd love to shine more light on Droaam or Darguun. Eberron has a unique cosmology, but its planes have never been explored in much depth. And so on. While we would likely need a new core sourcebook for people who know nothing about the setting at all, I'm always excited about the opportunity to continue to explore those parts of the world that are still in shadow. At the moment I can do my unofficial Q&As, but I can't provide any sort of concrete Eberron support.

In some ways, a 5E Eberron sourcebook would likely be aimed at new players who have never used any other system. Personally, I'm interested in the opportunity to explore other aspects of the setting in more detail. Much of the attention has been focused on the Five Nations, and I'd love to shine more light on Droaam or Darguun. Eberron has a unique cosmology, but its planes have never been explored in much depth. And so on. While we would likely need a new core sourcebook for people who know nothing about the setting at all, I'm always excited about the opportunity to continue to explore those parts of the world that are still in shadow. At the moment I can do my unofficial Q&As, but I can't provide any sort of concrete Eberron support.

Actually, that's brilliant. It's true that until now, Eberron has been centered around Sharn and the Five Nations. Without changing anything, you could present the setting from a wilder, more untamed part of the world and it would change everything.

Astrosicebear

First Post
I would rather see Eberron released as a series of awesome adventure paths that delved more into the history and backstory of these unique locations. With a player's guide and updated campaign source coming later.

Mercurius

Legend
Keith, have you considered trying to get Eberron licensed out like Dragonlance with Margaret Weis Productions some years ago?

Realistically WotC will probably focus on the more standard fantasy Forgotten Realms and only tangentially support other settings, perhaps working towards a new setting in a couple years. I mean they could come out with a book for Eberron, Greyhawk, Mystara, etc, but chances are they wouldn't really develop them. If you want to develop other parts of the setting, your best chance might be in some kind of licensing situation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases