• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pokémon RPG

Privateer

First Post
BACK, Demons! Quickly, Grand Inquisitors! Destroy this thread before its Eeeevil Consumes Us All! I would suggest Running For Your Lives.

Seriously, if they ever make a Pokemon RPG, I'm rounding up a posse to dispose of the makers once and for all.

The piratey person's eyelid twitches ever-so-slightly, but just enough to be noticable.

Um... I feel a bit embarrased. My insanity doesn't usually fly out like this. I need a steak.

Yum... pokemon steak.

Err.

Forget I said anything. I was never here.

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'd be interested in it for the monsters alone. Let's face it, if I want a world where very little thing is magical, why bother making it all myself when I can just say "It's an electric rat."

Of course, my experience with Pokemon is next-to-none...but if anyone wants to try to do some d20 Pokemon stuff as a fan, Videogame d20 does have a spot for you, and I'd appreciate the work, even if no one else will. :)

Sam Witt

First Post
There was a small box called the Pokemon Jr. Adventure Game, you can see a review here.

All things considered, it is a fantastic game for the target audience and served as an introduction to RPGs for MANY children. While the game is very simplistic, it captures the feel of the Pokemon shows very well (or so kids tell me) - and it sold something like 500k copies according to Ryan Dancey. If these kids can be kept in the hobby, which seems sadly unlikely, they'll form the basis for the future of our hobby.

I liked it. Kids I know liked it and enjoyed roleplaying a pokemon trainer and coming up with cool new uses for their little critters. It's cool.

Sam

Virginia Wilde

First Post
Yes! :):):):)-fighting Seizure Monsters forever! It was among the best (and possibly only) supplements released for Big eyes small mouth ever, aside from the El-Hazard RPG, and perhaps (though to a lesser exent) the Tenchi Muyo RPG.

Breakstone

First Post
I must admit, I was an avid fan of the Pokemon franchise for a bit.

However, I grew out of it.

I remember thinking that the Pokemon cartoon was a lot like Sparticus, what with the slaves being forced to fight each other and one slave (Pikachu) refusing to stay in his Pokeball...

However, I don't think Sparticus could shoot lightning bolts while shouting "Sparti-Sparti!"

Remove ads