D&D 5E [Poll] Are any of the base classes too weak?

Which of the classes are too weak / too underpowered?

Coroc

Hero
Yes the sorcerer leads this poll again. Somhow people play sorcerers different than I would. It is the stronges AE class in the game at least if you use the spell conversion to points mechanic.
As a dragon it gets AC boost, resistance and permawings at 14.
What the absolute heck is it people consider this one weak? Oh my it lacks in utility spells, boohoo the wizard has a broader seclection of spells.
Can the wizard twin haste???
Does he fly to cast death from above without sacrificing his concentration?
Does he add his int modifier to cantrip damage?
Since the beginning of these countless sorcerer is weak discussions I never understood where this came from, sorry.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yes the sorcerer leads this poll again. Somhow people play sorcerers different than I would. It is the stronges AE class in the game at least if you use the spell conversion to points mechanic.
As a dragon it gets AC boost, resistance and permawings at 14.
What the absolute heck is it people consider this one weak? Oh my it lacks in utility spells, boohoo the wizard has a broader seclection of spells.
Can the wizard twin haste???
Does he fly to cast death from above without sacrificing his concentration?
Does he add his int modifier to cantrip damage?
Since the beginning of these countless sorcerer is weak discussions I never understood where this came from, sorry.

Lack of sorcery points early in hurts and most games don't go that high. Level 14 is to late.

I like the class as well. What classes are front loaded early?

Moon Druids
Light Clerics
Bards level 5/6. .
Fighters
Rogues

Etc.

When judging classes level 1-6 most important, then 7-10 and 11+ doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I've always felt that fighters could use a bit of a boost. Mostly because the other fighty classes can do what fighters do - particularly in @Zardnaar's 1-10th level range - and do it considerably better while still having all sorts of other goodies to fall back on as well. 1 extra feat and a couple of minor abilities do not bring the fighter up to snuff.

If fighters are the "best with weapons class" then, well, they should actually be best, not "as good as".

Zardnaar

Legend
I've always felt that fighters could use a bit of a boost. Mostly because the other fighty classes can do what fighters do - particularly in @Zardnaar's 1-10th level range - and do it considerably better while still having all sorts of other goodies to fall back on as well. 1 extra feat and a couple of minor abilities do not bring the fighter up to snuff.

If fighters are the "best with weapons class" then, well, they should actually be best, not "as good as".

Fighters saving Grace is simplicity. It's hard to muck one up.

If you know what you're doing with the hunter ranger or a melee paladin yeah fighters not so great.

Exception is a hand crossbow expert fighters best at that combo.

Sorcerers main problem is by the time you can twin interesting stuff like haste and greater invisability games are wrapping up.

FireLance

Legend
I think the paladin is too weak because they ought to be head and shoulders above all the other character classes, just like they were in 1E. I've attached a pdf of what I think the paladin should be like. ;)

Seriously, though, I think the base classes are pretty well balanced with each other, and if I think that the baseline power level of all the classes ought to be about twice what it is currently, and all the classes should have at-will, encounter, and daily abilities, that is my problem, and I'll just have to find my own solution.

Attachments

• Inspired Paladin (UA Rev).pdf
    314.1 KB · Views: 288

Coroc

Hero
I think the paladin is too weak because they ought to be head and shoulders above all the other character classes, just like they were in 1E. I've attached a pdf of what I think the paladin should be like. ;)

Seriously, though, I think the base classes are pretty well balanced with each other, and if I think that the baseline power level of all the classes ought to be about twice what it is currently, and all the classes should have at-will, encounter, and daily abilities, that is my problem, and I'll just have to find my own solution.

Yeah and imagine the paladin equipped wit ha holy katana, he should not have to rely on the rest of the party anymore no matter the task at hand.

In fact he should smash all the mobs with a single strike of his holy katana and as a bonus action heal all his party members and put up an egg shaped wall of force as a reaction to any harm which might befoul him.

Edit: darn I nearly forgot this extra skill: Teleport back to the yawning portal inn at will if something still fails despite the perfect imba uber balancing of the paladin build

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases