• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Drow PC's

4e Drow (And NPC reactions)

• Drow should not have any problems interacting with NPC's.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Drow should have a few problems, but only for story purposes.

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • Don't play a drow unless you want trouble !

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • No drow allowed in my game.

Votes: 20 13.5%

burntgerbil

Explorer
We were discussing possible reactions to drow in 4e in my playgroup. Not particularly if you like the race or not, but how they are viewed by NPC's in your Forgotten Realms games.

What are your feelings on playing them - specifically running encounters with Npc's when one or more drow are in your party ?

Last edited:

Gort

Explorer
Well, it really depends on the game. Which NPCs in particular are being interacted with? If they've been heavily raided by drow in general, then there'd be a significant penalty. However, if drow are rare in their area, they probably wouldn't act much out of the ordinary.

I put "don't play a drow unless you want trouble", as it is something you'd have to take into account as a player, same as any non-core race, really.

Oni

First Post
Enough trouble to convey the uniqueness of their situation but not so much that it affects the fun of the game.

Ander00

First Post
Drow PCs have no place in my campaign at this time. It's not set in the Realms though. If it was, or perhaps at a later time, my answer would probably be "don't play a drow unless you want trouble".

cheers

keterys

First Post
I was thinking about playing a drow character for a FR game. My theory was that I was going to be a right murderous bastard (not necessarily evil, but not good, and figuring it was a lot safer and saner to do his killing and looting as a hero, with all the perks, than the other way around), but acting like 100 years of drizzt had set the stage for drow.

"Oh, yeah, don't you know? Us good drow outnumber the evil ones now. You can tell the bad ones, still, though. Spider tattoos, belt buckles, usual stuff. Two legs or less and you've got a genuine hero thrown off the oppressive shackles of his evil race on the glorious road to redemption. Mmmhmm."

"That settled, I hear you've got a healthy reward in exchange for us assassinating some orc chieftain? I mean, umm, freeing your village from the threat of dangerous raiders."

Zsig

Explorer
Funny question. If asked about this a couple months ago, I'd probably say "no drows on my games".

Now, as i'm finally embracing FR, it's kinda inevitable.

I'm starting a new campaign now, and all the players decided to make a drow :.-( (all the three of them, rogue, warlock and paladin).

My exact words to them:
"Don't play a Drow unless you want trouble"
...except in portuguese.

It didn't make they change their minds though (next time i'll try a bit harder)

keterys

First Post
Here's the thing... don't play a drow unless you want trouble is what a lot of people want. It's more attention, it's more RP, it's easy access to action.

It's why it never made sense to think that not being liked affected balance (as per a couple editions ago) - you were giving them the attention they craved _and_ all the powerful goodies.

inati

First Post
Well, it depends on what region on Forgotten Realms the campaign takes place. If it's the Dragon Coast, for example, I think they would fit in just fine!

Remove ads