D&D 5E [Poll for the front page] Nominate your ONE favourite thing about D&D 5E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
The proficiency bonus. Finally, attacks, saves, and skills use the same progression mechanic. They are all ability checks + proficiency

ccooke

Adventurer
So, I think Bounded Accuracy and Advantage/Disadvantage are the key winners in a poll. But the way that 5e has added support more support and means of roleplaying your characters is probably my personal favourite. It's little thematic touches all through the races, classes and features - random details, trinkets and more.

In particular, the way that the old Prestidigitation spell was used as a template to make Thaumaturgy and Druidcraft, so that any character playing one of the big three types of magic user can now pick something and be able to do iconic magical things with those classes. Not powerful, but extremely thematic.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I admit I've been away from this stuff for a while. Can someone explain what is meant by "Bounded Accuracy"?

Vwls

First Post
Simplicity all the way. I've converted BECMI, 1st Ed. & 2nd Ed. modules without much fuss. I've introduced new rulings on the fly with no rules lawyer arguments from my table. As a result for the first time in a while it's felt like my game and that means more to me than anything else. The simplicity of the systems actually support rather than hinder creative thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads