• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Poll: How tough should 20th Level Fighters be? (MCU edition)

Which of these is close to where a fighter should max out in D&D?

• Post GG2 Star-Lord

• Black Widow / Hawkeye

• Black Panther / Captain America

• Spider-Man

• Somewhere in this Big Gap

• Hulk (really good, but no flight or turning to electricity)

• Captain Marvel / Thor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Power Overwhelming
  • When determining what you are able to lift, carry of throw, you multiply your encumbrance by an additional 10. You may make this feat multiple times. Each time you do, you multiply your encumbrance by an additional 10.
  • You add double your proficiency bonus and gain advantage to Athletics checks to bend or break objects
  • You may throw anything you can lift. This attack is with disadvantage and damage is 3d6 for a Small object +2d6 for every size category larger than Small the object is. Mundane objects thrown in this way are destroyed.

Cool, I take that for my wizard!

What I don't like about it is that it makes the character bizarrely strong and not strong at the same time. Why doesn't this massively strong character hit any harder. This is the issue with trying to have traits that do the same thing what ability scores are already supposed to do.

Vaalingrade

Legend
This would work, but thing is once you start getting strength 30, and taking it twice you may as well play M&M as you are getting to the point where they can literally level mountains which is way out of DnD scope.
I was unaware mountains weighted 30,000 pounds.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Power Overwhelming
  • When determining what you are able to lift, carry of throw, you multiply your encumbrance by an additional 10. You may make this feat multiple times. Each time you do, you multiply your encumbrance by an additional 10.
  • You add double your proficiency bonus and gain advantage to Athletics checks to bend or break objects
  • You may throw anything you can lift. This attack is with disadvantage and damage is 3d6 for a Small object +2d6 for every size category larger than Small the object is. Mundane objects thrown in this way are destroyed.
Can I just use this?

Vaalingrade

Legend

What I don't like about it is that it makes the character bizarrely strong and not strong at the same time. Why doesn't this massively strong character hit any harder. This is the issue with trying to have traits that do the same thing what ability scores are already supposed to do.
Brute strength isn't the same as fighting skill.

Rogerd1

Adventurer

Think of it like Lift from M&M if that helps?

M&M 3e Excerpt said:
Power-Lifting Effect: Enhanced Strength, Limited to Lifting • 1 point per rank Your lifting and carrying capacity is out of proportion with the rest of your Strength. Each rank in this power gives you +1 to your Strength rank for determining how much weight you can lift and carry, but does not increase your Strength damage or other effects of your Strength rank.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

Make those class features in a "demigod" class. No wizards here!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
No it really doesn't.

Now those weird flying Chitauri monsters, we don't see them fly very fast, although they are armoured. We know that much. We also know it also knocked Hulk back substantially.
Without armor that thing is in excess of 100 tons. It's not made of feathers and is gigantic. Regardless of how far back hulk slid, he still arrested the momentum of a 100+ ton thing. It takes even more strength to stop momentum like that than to lift it.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
I was unaware mountains weighted 30,000 pounds.
Str 30 = 40k pounds, or 20 tons.
With that you can literally punch your way through a mountain, think about earth movers and such.
Without armor that thing is in excess of 100 tons. It's not made of feathers and is gigantic. Regardless of how far back hulk slid, he still arrested the momentum of a 100+ ton thing. It takes even more strength to stop momentum like that than to lift it.
You don't know how much it weighs and are totally guessing.

According to the writer they say it weight 3 million tons.

3 million tons crashing into concrete is going to make a humungous hole. Which although interesting what we see onscreen contradicts this, so we can totally ignore the writer's statement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads