• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Poll: How tough should 20th Level Fighters be? (MCU edition)

Which of these is close to where a fighter should max out in D&D?

• Post GG2 Star-Lord

• Black Widow / Hawkeye

• Black Panther / Captain America

• Spider-Man

• Somewhere in this Big Gap

• Hulk (really good, but no flight or turning to electricity)

• Captain Marvel / Thor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
For the record.

jlaavengers-6.jpeg

In fact the clips I showed show your statement to be false.

Batman makes about four attacks in the space of five seconds.
Hurls a crate that must weigh well over 100 pounds.

He attacks a good six or so times during six seconds here.
Now the Green Arrow scenes show your statement to be totally false.

Within six seconds he attacks well over half a dozen times.

Again we get a large number of attacks within six seconds showing again that your statement is false.

That would be why I specified number of people attacked rather than number of swings, given that you can fluff an attack as consisting of multiple swings.
I'm not sure if either of them even bothered to kick in their Action Surges.

Try again.[/QUOTE]

Rogerd1

Adventurer
That would be why I specified number of people attacked rather than number of swings, given that you can fluff an attack as consisting of multiple swings.
I'm not sure if either of them even bothered to kick in their Action Surges.

Try again.
Oliver kicks multiple times during his fight scenes, and always has.
So no, trying to make them a 2nd level fighter is utterly false.

In fact the entire aim of the thread is to take the abstraction of game mechanics and match it to fiction to better get a feeling of what some of the classes are capable of. This is something I have been doing for some years now, and will essentially tell my players what kind of level they are at before chargen.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
That said, I do think using specific characters messes things up a bit, people will argue more about the characters themselves than what they really want the Fighter to be able to do.
Or set the power level before play so the players have a rough idea of what their characters are capable of.
Easy, and simple.
Has anyone actually suggested that either of them are 2nd level fighters?
My apologies I mis-read.
I would put Oliver around level 10 tbh, as he gets beaten by Ra's Al Ghul who would be at least 10th level with five plus levels of swashbuckler or something.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Yeah, vaguely Hollywood-'realistic' badass mortals are where I'd roughly put tenish level D&D martials at. Which means that beyond level ten we must embrace myth and superpowered heroics.
I am leaving comics out of this, as their power levels are way higher than those in the movies.

Okay so once you get past that you're talking maybe MCU Captain America for 15th level, thoughts?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads