D&D General Poll: How tough should 20th Level Fighters be? (MCU edition)

Which of these is close to where a fighter should max out in D&D?

• Post GG2 Star-Lord

• Black Widow / Hawkeye

• Black Panther / Captain America

• Spider-Man

• Somewhere in this Big Gap

• Hulk (really good, but no flight or turning to electricity)

• Captain Marvel / Thor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Undrave

Legend
They are not Avengers material either, their spell use is far too limited.
To even get close to this, you need to remove spell slots and have something akin to power points, and a lot of them to do this. But even so, the spells are nowhere near the level they operate at.

Dude... one of the Avenger is Hawkeye.

a 20th level Wizard has a 1st level and 2nd level spell they can cast at will.

So Iron Man is just a Commoner. The Fighter wins.
I admit, it's been a hot minute since I've watched Iron Man, but to accept that this is a relevant analogy, I have to assume that Iron Man must have haphazardly collected random bits and bobs that all happened to work together without any outside manipulation to make him a superhero.

That's the thesis for Iron Man right? Unbelievably lucky scrounger?

In addition to being a false comparison, it's also beside the point, which was how powerful should fighters be?

If your answer is "well, with this specific gear, they can do x" you are answering a question, but unless you are contending that the gear in question should be assumed (with sufficient reliability to build it into the class mechanics), then you're answer is missing something.

That something is "how powerful should the fighter be without the gear?"

The comparison question has been asked twice already and been avoided twice. Setting HP the same, how much more capable is a high level fighter than a level 5 or level 11 fighter? Does the magnitude of this incremental capability make sense?

Last edited:

Remove ads