[POLL] Which Xanathar's Guide Cover Do You Prefer?

pukunui

Legend
I can appreciate the aesthetics of the special edition covers, but they are too hard for me to acquire, and like [MENTION=6901211]William Mize[/MENTION], I enjoy having all my books match. So standard cover it is for me too.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Too close to call. I like the picture on the front cover of the standard, but I liked the spine and back of the special better. I also like the feel of the special better.

edit: I got a chance to see and handle both at Gamehole Con.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Relooking at them I like the title font/styling of the special edition, but the artwork of the standard.

I think the standard cover is superior here, but I really liked the special edition cover for Volo's Guide to Monsters. The special edition cover for XGtE reminds me too much of Modern Art, which I find terrifying.

Azzy

KMF DM
I'm indifferent to the special cover. But I prefer the standard cover because it matches the rest of my 5e books.

DM Howard

Explorer
Easily the standard cover for me. I just can't get into the Special Edition cover. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and that's why I think it's a bad cover.

neobolts

Explorer
At first I was sad that Volo's Guide to Monsters variant cover looked so different from the regular covers. But now that the "Guide to" is a series, I'm totally happy with them having their own design scheme.

Related Articles

Visit Our Sponsor

Latest threads

An Advertisement

Advertisement4