Pop-up notification

MarkB

Legend
Okay, what's with this nonsense?

ENWPopUp.jpg

And how do I make it stop, preferably permanently? I can't see anything in my account preferences that even relates to this.

I find this way more intrusive and annoying than this site's normal adverts, since it occupies the same space, both physically and psychologically, as Windows notifications. It won't even go away after I click on it. It is, quite frankly, driving me nuts.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I remember being prompted to allow popup notices and I said no. You can control in Account/Preferences.

MNblockhead

There is a button to "Enable Push Notices", you should have an option to DISable push notices. Click on your account name in the menu bar, then preferences, then look for the "Push Notifications" section.

MarkB

Legend
There is a button to "Enable Push Notices", you should have an option to DISable push notices. Click on your account name in the menu bar, then preferences, then look for the "Push Notifications" section.
Nope, that wasn't it. Mine says "Enable push notifications" too, they definitely weren't enabled.

MNblockhead

Hmm, strange. I'm not seeing any popups. But I'm also running the Ghostery extension in Chrome. Maybe its blocking them.

Remove ads