PoPP - Lerissa (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The sudden rustle of fabric causes the Brass Man to turn and look behind him. Seeing it's Lerissa appearing through the fog, the merest hint of a smile plays over Mustapha's lips. As he steps away from her and nearer to one of the bodies still smouldering from the impact of his alchemical bomb, his voice once more rings out:

'And there she was, the dusky beauty who had caused the prince so much heartache, returned from the dead. Torn was he between staying with her, and finding the secret of the genie's power'.

Was that a smirk on the bard's face as he bent to examine the body, or merely a shadow cast by the flickering light from the pot at his feet...

Abraxis is up.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As Mustapha steps away to examine the skeletal remains of one of the blasted Operatives, Abraxis steps back into his place so as to make better use of the length of his glaive. He swings at the apparition to the north of you in the fog, but it appears he missed.

Leaf is up.

Attachments

• Granary - Lerissa.jpg
    Granary - Lerissa.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 95

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

When Lerissa is awakend for her watch, she rubs the sleep from her eyes. She must be still feeling the effects of the journey as that sleep did not feel like 6 hours. She nonetheless gets to her feet quickly and asks if anything exciting or unusual happened during the night.

Lerissa will grab the Captain's log and find a place near the edge of the camp so that her night-sight might aid her.

After a bit of small talk, Lerissa will delve into deeper issues with Ishirou. "I was thinking of that magnificent sword of yours, is there a royal story that goes with it?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The grizzled older man touches the hilt of his sword protectively, then shakes his head. He seems somewhat sad. "Sadly, no. It was a gift from my former employers."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa chuckles aloud a little. "I guess you are a man of little words. Certainly I appreciate that, but you and I have about 6 hours to kill here and I think it'd go a bit faster if we visited. Granted I'm not normally the most social person in the word but I feel you and I might have a lot in common. So, tell me who this "former employer" is."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Hmpfh. You are correct - I am a man of few words, as there are very few people I wish to share words with. But as we are stuck with each other, I will make some effort. I've worked for the Aspis Consortium for years . . . but that is over now. I go to Sargava to begin a new life."

[sblock=OOC]You'll likely only sleep for 6 to 8 hours, meaning watches will be 1½ or 2 hours.

Go ahead and make a diplomacy check so I can tell more about how this will play out.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"Hmpfh. You are correct - I am a man of few words, as there are very few people I wish to share words with. But as we are stuck with each other, I will make some effort. I've worked for the Aspis Consortium for years . . . but that is over now. I go to Sargava to begin a new life."

[sblock=OOC]You'll likely only sleep for 6 to 8 hours, meaning watches will be 1½ or 2 hours.

Go ahead and make a diplomacy check so I can tell more about how this will play out.[/sblock]

"Ahhhhhh... the Aspis Consortium... I've heard much about them. Good and Bad. I do admire one thing about them, they are good at getting things done. Thought some may question their methods...is that why you left? Did they make it difficult for you to leave?" (OOC - Mike, in difficult to leave Lerissa is asking if they made his leaving and subsequent life difficult.)

Dang! So I guess I've successfully pissed him off with my natural one. Guess I'll just remain quiet the rest of the watch.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ishirou looks flustered, and a little disgruntled, though Lerissa's not sure what she's done to upset him.

"They did . . . once they get their claws into you they don't let go easily. And I think I'm about finished with talking; I need to concentrate on my watch."

He turns away from the Tiefling, pulling his sword from its scabbard and laying it across his knees. As he peers into the jungle night and broods, he absently brings a cloth from a pocket and begins polishing the blade.

OOC: Tough going here at first with the other castaways. It went well with Jask and Aerys, very poorly with the other three. I'm assuming you go through the Captain's Log for the rest of your watch . . . That link is to the Smuggler's Shiv page of the 'Story Arc Clues' section in the OP Wiki.

mleibrock

First Post

OOC - Yes, the rest of the watch Lerissa will go through the log with her watch-mate, at least showing she and the other party members are not trying to hide or horde any of the information. She really wants everyone to feel a part of this and their fate here.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Ishirou looks flustered, and a little disgruntled, though Lerissa's not sure what she's done to upset him.

"They did . . . once they get their claws into you they don't let go easily. And I think I'm about finished with talking; I need to concentrate on my watch."

He turns away from the Tiefling, pulling his sword from its scabbard and laying it across his knees. As he peers into the jungle night and broods, he absently brings a cloth from a pocket and begins polishing the blade.

OOC: Tough going here at first with the other castaways. It went well with Jask and Aerys, very poorly with the other three. I'm assuming you go through the Captain's Log for the rest of your watch . . . That link is to the Smuggler's Shiv page of the 'Story Arc Clues' section in the OP Wiki.

Damn...I've pushed him further back into himself. I guess it was worth the risk but that's what I get for pursuing such a touchy subject.

To the man's request Lerissa responds, "Understood, sorry if I've brought back unpleasant feelings. At least you can take comfort in the fact that we've got our exotic local vacation out of the way for this year."

Remove ads