PoPP - Lerissa (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As she makes her case for remaining here and resting up (and as the drama of Aerys' illness turns another page) Lerissa looks around for Ishirou . . . he's nowhere to be seen.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

During the last watch with her partner, Gelik, Lerissa proceeds to butter up the Gnome as much as she can. She asks where he got such nice clothes and what his secret to keeping them in such pristine condition in such a place as this.

During their watch, she notes that he boarded the ship in quite a hurray and that later on she had heard him mention some "misunderstanding" with the authorities. She leaves the statement open so that he might add information, should he choose to. "I've been on both ends of that situation, been looked for and have done the looking. I realize you might not want to share and that's OK, I just figured we have a lot of time to kill tonight and on this island and sometimes confiding in a stranger, who has no reason to judge, can allow a new perspective."

OOC - this trying to convert these guys is going to be nearly impossible for us and I'm getting tired of trying.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gellik is at first sarcastic and cold, but as Lerissa lays on the flattery he warms a bit. When she brings up his hurry to board, he launches into a story about an ancient Thassilonian relic he'd "obtained" in his travels and sold to a merchant in Magnimar. "Is it my fault the merchant didn't check the authenticity of the product before he paid? It's not like I actually knew the thing was a fake! Then all of his shouting brought the guard . . . what a colossal mess! It'll be awhile before I can show my face there again."

OOC: There's no requirement that you bring them around . . . just play your character. She's trying to do the smart thing, and acting against her nature to do so; her frustration would likely mirror yours.

Obviously, there are benefits to making the NPCs helpful or friendly; it's easier to keep them around and alive (for those who care about such things), and they can take care of some of the mundane chores to make life easier for everyone. There are story implications as well, but either way the story will move on! ;) It'll just go in a different direction if they're not converted than if they are.

Your aid another succeeds - the bonuses for your approach are enough to bring it up to a 10.

mleibrock

First Post
Gellik is at first sarcastic and cold, but as Lerissa lays on the flattery he warms a bit. When she brings up his hurry to board, he launches into a story about an ancient Thassilonian relic he'd "obtained" in his travels and sold to a merchant in Magnimar. "Is it my fault the merchant didn't check the authenticity of the product before he paid? It's not like I actually knew the thing was a fake! Then all of his shouting brought the guard . . . what a colossal mess! It'll be awhile before I can show my face there again."

OOC: There's no requirement that you bring them around . . . just play your character. She's trying to do the smart thing, and acting against her nature to do so; her frustration would likely mirror yours.

Obviously, there are benefits to making the NPCs helpful or friendly; it's easier to keep them around and alive (for those who care about such things), and they can take care of some of the mundane chores to make life easier for everyone. There are story implications as well, but either way the story will move on! ;) It'll just go in a different direction if they're not converted than if they are.

Your aid another succeeds - the bonuses for your approach are enough to bring it up to a 10.

OOC - I was thinking the same thing in that she might be frustrated at going against her nature so I think I'll play that out. BUT...it makes me feel way better that her aid succeeded. Thanks, Mike!

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa is pleased the ghost has decided to appear during this watch and she feels her hand immediately travel to her weapon, like a weapon is really going to hurt a ghost she then thinks to herself.

She immediately places the necklace in Sasha's hand, "Put it on and tell him he is dead but you need time before you can join him. Then take off the necklace and give it to him and tell him it's a symbol of your love and you will meet him soon."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

As their watch begins, Lerissa spends some time sharpening her blade. She hums softly a tune she remembers from her childhood with Tsadok and she briefly thinks back to those days and wonders what he is doing now.

As her current task brings her back to the present she looks to her watch partner. This one is a tough nut to crack, she thinks. She's a little disappointed in herself that she hasn't been able to get Sasha to come around yet. What kind of interrogator is she if she can't turn every situation to her advantage? A poor one is what kind!

She seems to have peaked her interest when she mentioned a fight so she thinks she will go this route.

OOC - More to follow tonight.

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

As she sharpens her blade, she begins to speak, so very softly, as if she is speaking to herself but knowing full well Sasha can hear her every word.

"I hope to be able to put you to use for something other than hacking our way though this place soon. (whetstone, moves off the tip of the blade). Remember going clean through that Orc? That was the strike of a lifetime...and as I withdrew you, you even managed to grap his liver and pull it right out. (Stone begins anew at the base). And my personal favorite, the time you ever so softly interrogated that pompous prince's neck. You had him crying and he told us everything he could. Hell he even told us about his childhood misgivings. (stone again slips off the blade). Now we are stuck on this island with folks that we barely know. Some have already run off - who knows, maybe you'll call on me to wield you against them. While some others couldn't care less about us. I say live and let live unless they force us otherwise but wouldn't it be nice if we had a more optimistic view about things? I guess we are more realists than most others. Yes, like Tsadok, he does have lofty views of his fellow humans. (she chuckles) Humans... But even Tsadok has secrets to hide. Is there a real difference? Hiding a secret or keeping people at a distance. Both actions end with the same result, isolation. And here we are, actually trying to open up, to no longer foster that isolation and still it's here, I guess it's a little easier on an island where you know everyone and they can not spread any vicious rumors about you. If only everyone would try."

Lerissa checks her blade's edge. "I think we are ready."

She looks at the blade for a full minute in silence as if in a trance. She then sheaths it and looks to the water. Hmmm... no ghost yet, I wonder if he will show this night. She then looks to Sasha, acting as if all she just spoke was only in her mind and not spoken aloud.

"So how are you this evening, are you ready for this restless spirit to make an appearance? I wonder if this (holding up the necklace) has anything to do with him at all. Any thoughts?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The red headed woman - hardly older than a girl, really - watches in fascination as Lerissa converses with her blade. When the show comes to a close, she shakes her head to clear the cobwebs and tunes into Lerissa's questions. "You're asking me? What's with the locket anyway? Why should . . . whatever it is . . . care about it?"

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

The red headed woman - hardly older than a girl, really - watches in fascination as Lerissa converses with her blade. When the show comes to a close, she shakes her head to clear the cobwebs and tunes into Lerissa's questions. "You're asking me? What's with the locket anyway? Why should . . . whatever it is . . . care about it?"

Lerissa already has some ideas brewing in her own head about this particular question but knowing a bond is most easily made by having the other party feel appreciated, she will strive to have Sasha answer her own question.

"I'm not entirely sure, do you think it could be a lost love?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A soft snort . . . laughter? derision? . . . comes from the darkness in Sasha's direction. "Love? That thing looked far to piratical to indulge in such a ridiculous waste of time to me. Still, it wants something."

Remove ads