PoPP - Mustapha bin-Hanif (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Sorry, I forgot it was my turn! O15 had sound the last time you visited.

IC: No changes to map or situation since I posted Leaf's move. You are up.

Edit: One small change - Abraxis is now standing directly south of Leaf (one square to your SouthEast).

grufflehead

First Post
Abraxis is now standing directly south of Leaf (one square to your SouthEast).

Just where I as going to move. Great... And I've forgotten what I was planning anyway!

OK, first things first. Don't want to provoke so it's 5' step only. Move to N15.

- can I still see the bad guy?
- is there sound in that square?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Sorry, yes. It's not an area effect spell, it's targeted. If it were one that required a TH roll you could roll as though attacking an invisible creature.

grufflehead

First Post
With nothing immediately to hand, the Brass Man took a step away from his adversary...and found himself standing not only behind Leaf, but beside Abraxas who had appeared from the mist. The slight clink of a couple of the flasks at his belt told him he was now back in an area where sound penetrated, although the swirling vapours meant the skeletal figure had now disappeared from view. Mustapha's nose wrinkled in momentary annoyance as the spell he had been considering was useless without a target to aim at.

After a moment's thought a broad smile spread over his face. Swiftly, he grabbed one of the tiny vials from his pouch, and with a deft motion filled it from his stock of mixed reagants, gave it just enough of a swirl to start it glowing, before popping the stopper in place and sliding it along the ground to provide a little more light. Spinning on his heel, he gave his blue-skinned companion a friendly slap on the shoulder and said 'and that, my friend, is why one should never run with a tuliwar!'. He hooked the curly toe of his boot under the scimitar which was lying at Abraxis' feet, flipped it into the air, caught it with a flourish and said to the Aasimar 'don't you agree?'

[sblock=Actions!]
- 5' step into N15 (already done)
- move action: mix a vial of 'light solution' and reach into M16 to place it
- free action: speechifying ;)
- move action (in place of standard): pick up scimitar from O15

Leaf can have some fun with the bad guy!
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Indeed," says Abraxis with a shake of his head. "Lead on then, I'll follow."

Faintly, from outside the building, you hear Lerissa calling. "Are you guys OK in there?"

Leaf steps out of sight to the NW, still silent. Your light tube illuminates enough of the area to see movement in the fog where the skeleton was last seen but not detail.

Mustapha's up! (Map coming here in a minute . . .)

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
'A thousand pardons, I am getting ahead of myself' continued Mustapha, inclining his head towards his companion, who now appeared thoroughly confused. 'The horse in question was a magnificent beast: fully 16 hands high, with a coat that shone in the sunlight like the golden domes of Om, it was said the the rider who mastered him would be able to catch the very zefira itself, so swiftly would they travel'.

As he continued his tale, the Brass Man had taken another of the small glass vials from his belt, and once more added a pinch of powder from one the many pouches he carried. The mixture began to glow with an eerie light, which caused Mustapha's face to take on a disconcerting glow in the fog.

'And thus, the wager was set, and...'

Mustapha stepped away from Abraxis, whereupon the bard's voice was once more lost in the silence. He moved beside Leaf, and, holding the vial off to one side as if it were about to explode, made ready to throw it at the skeletal figure.

[sblock=actions!]
- Free action - continue to bamboozle the unfortunate Paladin (I know I shouldn't be it's just too much fun ;))

- Move action - take out vial and make like I'm doing something with it. I'm not actually brewing up a bomb, just making a pretty light show.

- 5' step to N16

- Standard Action - assuming that's still something hostile in N17, and we can see each other after I've moved, then try an Intimidate check on him by pretending I'm going to throw something unpleasant in his general vicinity.

Intimidate1d20+7=13

DC = 10 + his HD + his WIS mod

OOC - ooh, that's going to be close...
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Black Echelon operative flinches at Mustapha's brave show! As he finishes his action, another Operative appears eerily from the fog and attacks Leaf from the West.

Abraxis is up.

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Remove ads