• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Positive & Negative Energy Forums

Remathilis

Legend
If you're sick of the noise, then post more signal. Easy enough.

Signal is drowned out by noise.

I made a post yesterday about what Goodman games modules would make a good Adventure Path. It got 2 replies.

I also read the compiled info on 4e forgotten realms, which got 21 replies.

but then I found why 4e reminds people why they like 3e, and it has 181 posts (and currently is on the first page, the others were found on page 2).

One is a legitimate question, one is a compiled spoiler thread, one is an anti-4e rant. Which has the the most bandwidth?

Right...

Henry

Autoexreginated
I don't think Russ would be interested in the equivalent of a "self-flagellation" forum for ENWorld. I know I sure wouldn't.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Again, it's not as simple as ignoring them when they push all the other topics down.

There are, at the moment I'm writing, four threads that I'd classify as a love/hate thread (a couple on WotC business, might be considered by some as love/hate, but I'm calling them about recent business) on the front page of General. Four out of 20. That means four-fifths of the discussion is on other matters.

I am sorry if that isn't enough for your desires, but 4 threads are not sufficient to really force other matters down. Especially if you do something as drastic as read the second page of the forum on occasion.

I think the larger issue isn't the number of threads, but the general tone and tenor of the place - ti is still rather aggressive and contentious. It has been improving somewhat, but not as quickly as might have been hoped.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Is there a way to display messages filtered by tags? If so then members could tag threads and simply not have them show up for certain users depending on their settings and their level of trust in the system/their fellow forum members.

Remove ads