• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Possible additions to the review site (Paizo)

Glyfair

Explorer
I was considering reviewing Paizo's map packs & flip mats. However, I saw this post on another thread:
Morrus said:
I don't think it's an area we want to delve into - like miniatures and other accessories, the possibilities are too infinite for us to handle! Setting a precedent opens a hell of a floodgate!

Which seems to rule most of these out. Yet, we have reviews of WotC's Dungeon Tiles that are not any different at all in function.

So, I leave it up to you. If these can get added I'd be more than willing to review Paizo's Flip mats (I have City Square, Tavern & Ship) , map packs (Graveyard, Countryside, Campt Sites, Haunted Mansion, Village).

As well, if you could add the Critical Hit Deck and the Complete Encounters "Grove of the Mad Druid" & "Throne of the Gorilla King." I dobut there would be issues here since they are more traditional D&D products (with rules and everything ;) ).

Crothian

First Post
While it might open a floodgate I doubt we'd get more then a trickle of reviews. No reason people would review this stuff any more then they do the books. ;)

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
While it might open a floodgate I doubt we'd get more then a trickle of reviews. No reason people would review this stuff any more then they do the books. ;)

So, by that rationale we should just close down the review site? Why bother to review the D&D Dungeon Tiles then?

I accept the decision, just not the inconsistency.

BTW, do you remember the history of the review site layout? It used to have a really good layout, and moved to the layout it has now which just doesn't measure up.

Did code get lost permanently in one of the many board crashes?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Well, it is not my choice to make. And I think it's a fine idea, I don't agree that it will open any floodgates. And the review site has problems with the code. We did have the whole thing crash a few years back and that's why it is like it is. I've been asking for some idea when things will get fixed for a while. I'm all for getting the site looking better and getting people to review more things. At this point I'd be happy to add ham sandwiches if I knew people would review them. :D

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
Well, it is not my choice to make. And I think it's a fine idea, I don't agree that it will open any floodgates.

No problem. I was itching to start writing some reviews and get into the habit of reviewing products (practice makes perfect). Now I think I'll just pass on it.

Good luck trying to get things going.

Remove ads