Possible Races & Classes of Ravnica?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As strange as this sounds, I think Sorcerers make sense for Simic Hybrids, because the "original" can be a result of the experiments that made you a hybrid.

Examples Dragon Blooded Sorcerer Simic Hybrid, when changing you, they mixed some Dragons blood and scales with Octopus and Manta Ray parts from the other creatures.

Xanathar's Guide literally suggests "I'm the experiment of a mad Wizard" as a fluff originally n for Sorcerers.

gyor

Legend
Xanathar's Guide literally suggests "I'm the experiment of a mad Wizard" as a fluff originally n for Sorcerers.

Exactly, the Hyrid goes perfectly with Sorcerers, including ability scores +2 Constitution, use the floating +1 for Charisma. One thing Hyrids should get is the ability to pick another race like Human, Vedalkyns, Elves, and use their feats/count as a member of the race for spells and other effects.

gyor

Legend
Anyone curious as to how Ravnica will treat the none human races from the PHB and beyond?

Dwarves, Dragonborn, Gnomes, Half Orcs, Tieflings, Halflings how does Ravnica handle them?

What about other races from offical sources like VGTM, MTOF, Tortle Package, Way Farer's Guide?

Half Elves appeared in a novel, so they should be okay. Ravnica has Elven subraces that sort of line up with High Elf (Simic), Wild Elf (Silhana), and Drow (Devkarin), but like in previous Plane Shift articles, they might make separate Even subraces for these groups. An added twist is I think most, but not all Simic Elves would have become Hybrids.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Anyone curious as to how Ravnica will treat the none human races from the PHB and beyond?

Dwarves, Dragonborn, Gnomes, Half Orcs, Tieflings, Halflings how does Ravnica handle them?

What about other races from offical sources like VGTM, MTOF, Tortle Package, Way Farer's Guide?

Half Elves appeared in a novel, so they should be okay. Ravnica has Elven subraces that sort of line up with High Elf (Simic), Wild Elf (Silhana), and Drow (Devkarin), but like in previous Plane Shift articles, they might make separate Even subraces for these groups. An added twist is I think most, but not all Simic Elves would have become Hybrids.

Ravnica is very cosmopolitan, so any PC is probably workable. I'm sure they will address at least the Basic Rules races, and possibly all the PHB races.

Remove ads