post apocalyptic barberian action

ha, rewatched a boy and his dog on saturday.

it really is the precursor of fallout and really shows something created in the 70's wouldn't fly today.

maybe I should just take a random vault and use that for decorum?

You need a map?
1623291320419.jpeg

aramis erak

Legend
Very good.

One issue that few post-apoc settings takes into account is that nearly all shallow-deposit resources have long since been exhausted, making salvage the only source for metals. Fossil fuels will be limited without heavy equipment and infrastructure; coal could be obtained for a while from existing mountain-cropping, but oil and natural gas won't be available a couple years after a fall.

That would make data on producing grain and wood alcohol vital, as they are the only real fuel that will be available a generation past the fall.
Fortunately, that's pretty simple... grind the source down to fine particles, put in boiled water, let cool to under 100°F add yeast, and keep between 60°F and 90°F for a couple months, covered but vented. If using wood, you want sawdust, really... but don't taste test it! straw, chaff from wheat, and a number of other items can be used to make a boiled mash, which, once cooled, can be fermented easily. Some plant matter that doesn't easily break down can be allowed to generate molds to render the starchews to sugars for fermentation.

... but turning the resultant brew to burnables? distillation! in the far north, that's easy... put the brew outside in the winter, opening and removing ice daily or weekly. Anywhere else? You need a still, and that means sheet metal and/or piping.

Freeze distillation can be used to get burnable fuel. I made heart of mead that was over 110 proof... it would sustain flame.

The party fought wave upon wave in a canyon, somehow managed to befriend the bandit chief from the last episode (well sorta), and now they are at the bunker that has a mysterious symbol at the front of the door (see podcast for details).

Also need a catchy fruit-based name for the bandit chief, as he's secretly a robot and from turbo kid (going with pineapple unless somebody can think of something better).

We're in the final stage of the game where Nora the tamaguichi is attached in the building and will let them in, but Otto has prepared a bunch of scarry threats in the under ground bunker.

This will be the map

Open to any ideas for situations

already know there's going to be at least one 3-d printer, one missile command area for sure.

Attachments

• underground_bunker_01.jpg
    underground_bunker_01.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 78

man picking up my savage world post-apoc barberians vs nazi's game and not finding a bunker for the third act to my liking.(edited) Underground bunker 01 isn't cutting it, but maybe it can be tweaked.

it's supposed to be a norad facsility and not sure how to repurpose it so it works...open to suggestions.

trying to balence size, work involved and fun.

so far this is the best pic i've found.

trying to do a five room dungeon.

Entrance and Guardian:
They already defeated two waves of IzNotz, so want something different.
I want a mechanical guardian that the party needs to smack down.
- Earth Elemental if I can't think of something better.

I'd use the archie bots from savage rifts, but I already found they are overpowered.

Puzzle or Role-Playing Challenge:
  • quarentine level -
  • need to convince the ai in this area. that they aren't going to put in bugs and pests.

Trick or Setback:
- The rescue nora (the tamaguichi), but the clock keeps ticking as she's already infected.

Climax, Big Battle or Conflict:
big fight
Otto van skorzy with a jetpack (who stole the tamaguichi originally)
What tricks does otto have?

Reward, Revelation, Plot Twist:

need to break out of the vault as their is a self destruct sequence.

denouemont - fight with the raider

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
Somehow my group has decided to do a post-apocalyptic game where the party are a bunch of barberians fighting loosely rebranded nazi's (thanks to the movie wizards). any ideas for plot hooks or art?

thinking an artifact chase.

going to be trying out savage worlds for a rule system
If you go back to the original dungeon Master's guide they have a way for you to Crossover with Gamma World end there's lots of really cool s*** that you can do with it. I ended up creating a campaign setting based on partially Thundarr and some other ideas that came up. It actually became the basis in my first novel

Remove ads