• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post-Campaign Exhaustion

scourger

Explorer
Well, I finished tonight, and I'm not sure I feel a sense of accomplishment or a sense of disappointment... I think we ended on a high note, which was nice.

I definitely feel lucky to have my players: in honor of finishing the campaign they all chipped in and got me a t-shirt with the names of all the characters, cohorts, animal companions, major NPCs and places in the campaign, and "Shackled City; 2005 - 2010" on it. I have great players. :D

I can understand the post-game let down. I will be kind of sad when mine finishes this week, and that's only after about 9 sessions. I can't imagine a 5-year game. And that T-shirt does sound awesome. I like to have a journal or something as a souvenir of a game, but I've never gotten the concert tour shirt as a thanks.

Haltherrion

First Post
I'm usually thinking of the next campaign well before the last one is over with which usually gets me psyched to dive right into the next campaign, especially since I'll often be working on the setting/campaign concept before the last one is over.

We usually start a new game with a new slate of figures by our talented and generous painter in the group and he often needs up to a few months to finish them out (typically he'll do 25 or so and we run a funky draft process to select the characters) so that enforces a break. I'm all set to go though :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads