D&D 5E Post Your 3 Favorite and 3 Least Favorite Pieces of Art from Fizban's Treasury of Dragons

Yeah, it's a crystal dragon. I just don't like that it looks so derpy. It's also weird that its front legs are more muscular/bigger than its back ones.
What’s your issue with the Draconian Infiltrator? Also I think they were talking about the Deep Dragon.

Though I think we just disagree on something’s cause I quite like all Three of your least favourite pieces.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
What’s your issue with the Draconian Infiltrator? Also I think they were talking about the Deep Dragon.

Though I think we just disagree on something’s cause I quite like all Three of your least favourite pieces.
1. I think the Emerald Dragon looks too much like a bird (with the skinny neck and all), and much prefer other versions of them.
2. Like I said above, the Crystal Dragon just looks too derpy to me. The goiter, the strange proportions for its limbs, the expression on its face, etc.
3. The Draconian Infiltrator's proportions are also what makes me dislike it. Its head is too big for its body, its legs are way too skinny, etc.

1. I think the Emerald Dragon looks too much like a bird (with the skinny neck and all), and much prefer other versions of them.
2. Like I said above, the Crystal Dragon just looks too derpy to me. The goiter, the strange proportions for its limbs, the expression on its face, etc.
3. The Draconian Infiltrator's proportions are also what makes me dislike it. Its head is too big for its body, its legs are way too skinny, etc.
1 and 2 make sense just a matter of taste. But on 3 that’s how it’s supposed to be.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
A thing I notices are "errors" in the art - the pieces are artistically fine, but they aren't right.

For example: there is an image of monk-Bahamut helping 2 adventurers fight a dragon, as per the image's caption. It's pretty well done... except for the minor detail that it looks like monk-Bahamut is fighting the adventurers, not the dragon!

There is another where an adventurer is about to poor dragonblood on her head... she's not holding the bucket right at all.

A thing I notices are "errors" in the art - the pieces are artistically fine, but they aren't right.

For example: there is an image of monk-Bahamut helping 2 adventurers fight a dragon, as per the image's caption. It's pretty well done... except for the minor detail that it looks like monk-Bahamut is fighting the adventurers, not the dragon!

There is another where an adventurer is about to poor dragonblood on her head... she's not holding the bucket right at all.

That's not a bucket, it's a helmet - you can see the chin strap, nose guard, and eye holes. I imagine it would be quite awkward to try to place a helmet full of dragon blood above one's head without sloshing the blood out the eye holes, especially as it's not made for that function...

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
LEAST FAVORITES
No offense intended to any who like them.

Deep Dragon
Draconian Infiltrator
— this is probably the single worst piece of art in the book in my opinion.
Topaz Dragon — the wings. My brain just can’t get past the wings.

HONORABLE MENTIONS (2)
Dragonbone Golem
B0CC5D5D-7B46-4117-9EF0-E5E32E986CFD.png

Gem Stalker
FE888DDD-990C-4C53-9CA2-BCAB815A1ED7.png

TOP THREE FAVORITES
Drake Warden Ranger (3rd)

D5B85858-BC7D-4E71-B21D-3C8A7E5923A8.png

Draconian Foot Soldier (2nd)

9BB020CE-5420-4AA1-A1DD-E275752A6751.jpeg

Red Dragon art (1st)
EB22DCCB-CC01-4609-8F87-5AA5F9915E62.png

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That's not a bucket, it's a helmet - you can see the chin strap, nose guard, and eye holes. I imagine it would be quite awkward to try to place a helmet full of dragon blood above one's head without sloshing the blood out the eye holes, especially as it's not made for that function...
I believe you are correct, that may indeed be a helmet.

But she's still holding it wrong. If you are holding a vessel (bucket/helmet) over your head to pour it on said head, you don't want to miss - you want to see what you are doing. Here is a very crude drawing of what I mean:

1635695881410.png

I believe you are correct, that may indeed be a helmet.

But she's still holding it wrong. If you are holding a vessel (bucket/helmet) over your head to pour it on said head, you don't want to miss - you want to see what you are doing. Here is a very crude drawing of what I mean:

View attachment 145910
Maybe the magic isn't effective if you pour it that way, but only through the over-the-head method? Rituals in stories make those performing them do seemingly silly things at times...

Remove ads