PPvsPP: Hand of God Arena(Up:cov,atriden,sessadore)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well, the other match is far from over. So we'll have to wait a bit. But I'm eager to read your comments in the ooc thread. (if you don't want to reveal anything specific to the other players, you can sblock them).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I'll be game whenever they're done.

I do have one question for Oni and Atriden:

How many freaking healing powers did you two have? Jeez, that was ridiculous trying to knock you down! I doubt I would have gotten Mr. Killer down even that one time without using Wrath of the Divine to return that 70 damage crit.

Also, I think Varis would have fared even better if he were an isolating avenger instead of a pursuing avenger. I designed him mostly to get in a ranged character's face and pummel them every time they tried to get away, so he doesn't work quite so well when the opposition is trying to do the same. I think I only got my censure of pursuit damage bonus once, whereas with censure of retribution I'd have gotten the damage bonus every time Karn hit me.

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, we built characters anticipating a fight that was at least partially ranged, or at least had more room to move around. I suppose we were re-fighting the last round, in a way.

Ironic that my strategy in the previous round was to be a melee character with a huge sack of HP and lots of healing.

Oni

First Post
Whew, I was beginning to think we might never actually down Varis.

I have to say I'm quite pleased with battle, there was a lot of back and forth and I found it to be quite a bit more interesting than the lower level one.

As for the number of healing powers, about the amount you'd expect a two high level clerics to have, we still had a couple attack and heal powers left that were never used.

When the battle are all over and done with, I'll post Karn's character sheet, I'm quite proud of him. I'd seriously consider playing him in an actually game too, I think he's a fun. :)

I was worried about ranged characters too, in that being kited to death is not fun. But we took measures to combat that, ultimately though we decided it wasn't worth it going range because you don't have any burst that way.

Ata, some questions.

Can we use our Salve of Power doing the short rest, or at the end of this match?

Can I put off the start of the short rest long enough to heal from my regen from my trollskin armour?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The other map is a sort of labyrinth, isn't it? That would have helped a lot for being sneaky. But yeah, "that's how the cookie crumbles". ;) Oni and Atriden happened to be built well for this type of map and to counter our builds. Well done :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Quick answers:

Can we use our Salve of Power doing the short rest, or at the end of this match?

Can I put off the start of the short rest long enough to heal from my regen from my trollskin armour?

Yes, and no. A 5-minute short rest. Sounds reasonable?

Atriden

First Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the fight to Covaithe and Lord Sessadore! It was great!

And to Atanatotatos, this arena fight was a super Idea!

Anyway, I wanted to notify that I am back now from the Roskilde Festival and ready for some more action when the other guys are finnished with their fight.

Lord Sessadore said:
How many freaking healing powers did you two have? Jeez, that was ridiculous trying to knock you down! I doubt I would have gotten Mr. Killer down even that one time without using Wrath of the Divine to return that 70 damage crit.
And to answer that question, here is a link to my character sheet: Mr. Killer

Covaithe said:
Ironic that my strategy in the previous round was to be a melee character with a huge sack of HP and lots of healing.
Hehe, well I can understand why you did that. Me and Oni, well mostly Oni, thought of making two clerics, and it turned out that it worked out brilliantly!

Remove ads