• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PrC idea......(Only an idea right now)

RisnDevil

First Post
So, I was thinking of some of the "new" systems Wizards has released over the course of 3.x, and I like alot of them. As I was watching an anime (yes I know many people hate anime inspired D&D, but just bear with me) I thought how about well you could combine a Binder with and Incarnum user.

From a fluff point of view, I don't see this being a problem at all. Instead of making soulmelds, you would uniquely bind vestiges to your chakras (or weapons, or whatever). If anyone is interested, this idea came from watching Shaman King, which could help in understanding what I am thinking of.

Needless to say, I would love to hear what people think about the idea, or even see some people's propsed PrC, or whatever they can think of.

Thanks,
RisnDevil

Nifft

Penguin Herder
This sounds a tiny bit like the system I'm working on, but my vague hope is to tie in stances, maneuvers, vestiges (well, spirits), spells and combat, all powered with re-allocable Essentia points.

Post more, so I can steal it! :)

-- N

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Heh...talk about thinking alike- I have a file on my PDA detailing my efforts to do Essentia powered versions of certain PHB & OA classes.

I'm basically using the Essentia mechanic to power mystical abilities- especially for Ki- and with differing effects depending upon whether the PC retains or expends the Essentia.

(The same file also contains a reworked Samurai whose Ancestral Daisho or inherited Armor is a "Weapon of Legacy.")

RisnDevil

First Post
I am in Iraq, and away from my books right now, so I am unable to do much REAL work on this idea, but this is what I am kinda working on.

First off, I want a no more than 8 lvl PrC. It will progress both meldshaping level and binding level, in a manner similar to the True Necromancer (i.e. no full progression for both).

I am thinking that as a capstone ability, the PrC will be able to bind something into the Soul Chakra, but I am also thinking it will be a permenant binding. (Also kicking around the idea that the same vestige will fill the Totem chakra as well.....)

The PrC should have Cleric BAB, good fort, good will, bad ref, and I am not sure about HD. (d6, d8, or d10?) I also think a LARGE number of SP would not be uncalled for.

The BIG question though, is this: What ELSE should it be able to do? I envision the PrC being used primarily for combat oriented characters, but am not sure what all I should allow.

Another BIG question though, is: How should he USE these abilities and what power level should they be? I mean, normal binding gives you some nifty reusable abilities, so does soulshaping/melding, but how should they be able to ramp up with the use of more essentia?

I guess right now though, this is just more musing out loud. Let me know if you have any input/advice though.

RisnDevil

Remove ads