Level 2 Lurker
, Small fey humanoid (gnome), XP 125

Initiative +8
Senses Perception +2; low-light vision
HP 34 Bloodied 17
AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 15, Will 13
Speed 5

:bmelee: War Pick (standard; at will) • Weapon
+7 vs. AC; 1d8+3 damage (crit 1d8+11 damage).

:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at will) • Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +7 vs. AC; 1d8+3 damage.

Combat Advantage
The gnome skulk deals +1d6 damage on melee and ranged attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Fade Away (immediate reaction, when the gnome skulk takes damage fromany source; encounter) • Illusion
The gnome skulk turns invisible until it attacks or until the end of its next turn (whichever comes first).

Reactive Stealth
If a gnome has cover or concealment when it rolls an Initiative check at the start of an encounter, it can make a Stealth check to escape notice as a free action.

Shadow Skulk
When a gnome skulk makes a melee or ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is still considered to be hiding.

Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common, Elven
Skills Arcana +10, Bluff +12, Stealth +11, Thievery +9

Str 8 (+0) Dex 17 (+4) Wis 12 (+2)
Con 16 (+4) Int 14 (+3) Cha 13 (+2)[/sblock]

MarkB

Legend
SSquirrel said:
But now I can't stop picturing a pack of gnomes sitting in the trees doing the clicking noise that the Predators make in the alien movies.
And now I can't stop picturing them sitting in the trees doing that creepy clicking-noise-with-head-twist that those little mushroom-like spirits in Princess Mononoke do. Heck, even the selective invisibility fits.

lutecius

Explorer
SSquirrel said:
OK, so they kept saying they were having problems figuring out how to make Gnomes unique and Gnomes have always had no really good niche in D&D. Sounds like they figured something out. Holy crap man. Gnomes sound interesting for the first time ever out side of Tinker Gnomes.
So a nasty power is all it takes to make gnomes cool?
Fluff wise it's not that different from the eladrin's fey step or the woodsy wild elves, but still a lot more inspiring than lucky river rat halflings.

However if i looked like [sblock=THIS][
20080425_114780_rar_0.jpg
[/sblock]I'd certainly consider hiding and turning invisible too. Still scary, but not in the same way.

Rechan

Adventurer
Heh re: Predator Gnomes.

Personally I'm giving Bugbears the whole predator motif. But gnomes... reading this, gnomes make me think of traditional changelings. Those fey that sneak into homes, steal babies, replace it with one of their own.

Gnomes appear to be the fey watchers and spies, and manipulative little things that live amongst humans, never quite seen.

Rechan said:
Heh re: Predator Gnomes.

Personally I'm giving Bugbears the whole predator motif.
I used Gnolls for that in my Dragonstar Campaign, IIRC.

But gnomes... reading this, gnomes make me think of traditional changelings. Those fey that sneak into homes, steal babies, replace it with one of their own.

Gnomes appear to be the fey watchers and spies, and manipulative little things that live amongst humans, never quite seen.
That works, too. ;)

Hawke

Explorer
Wow, I think Gnomes just got an early presence in my campaign as enemies!

That "Fade Away" power is really neat.

Remove ads