Price this?

MithrasRahl

First Post
A quiver that contains 20 Silver Arrows, 20 Cold Iron arrows, and 10 Adamantine arrows, and each day, regardless of how many were used, it magically fills up to the above numbers. Price?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Are used arrows always destroyed or could one hoard up arrows by taking them from the quiver and containing them elsewhere?

Xath

Moder-gator
As a side note (while I wait for you to answer Blackrat's question), have you considered instead having the Mettaline enhancement cast on your bow? It's a +2 enhancement, but you can shift the metal type as a standard action.

I don't have my books in front of me to know if that's a valid ranged enhancement though.

Three_Haligonians

First Post
Dragon Magazine #328 has a magic quiver that makes unlimited arrows of the wooden, steel, silvered, and cold iron variety. It also makes 5 adamantine arrows per day.

They are not recoverable if fired (they vanish after striking something.. target or not) and likewise, if you make one and then let go (in a non fire-from-the-bow manner) it vanishes too.

Price: 18,000gp.

J from Three Haligonians

Bad Paper

First Post
66,250 gold pieces. Unless you think that's too much. But that's the most I would charge for such an item. (priced at one hundred days of full benefit)

Xath

Moder-gator
Bad Paper said:
66,250 gold pieces. Unless you think that's too much. But that's the most I would charge for such an item. (priced at one hundred days of full benefit)

I think this price is way too steep, unless you're allowing the person to remove and stock-pile the valuable arrows.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
MithrasRahl said:
Nope, essentially all 50 arrows would disappear at midnight, and reappear as listed above.
Well in that case I would prize it somewhere near 6000-7500 gp. It would still be minor magic item but on the powerful end of that scope. Hope that helps a bit. I can't really give you any reasoning in this since the call is just made by my experience as a DM, and as such is more educated estimation/guess than mechanical calculation.

Pyrex

First Post
I'm with Blackrat. I'd cost it at about the value of an Efficient Quiver + 100 adamantine (10 "days" worth) arrows. i.e. 7800gp or so.

Probably round it up to an even 8000 to account for the Silver & Cold Iron arrows.

Slaved

First Post
MithrasRahl said:
A quiver that contains 20 Silver Arrows, 20 Cold Iron arrows, and 10 Adamantine arrows, and each day, regardless of how many were used, it magically fills up to the above numbers. Price?

20 Normal Arrows are 1 gold piece.
20 Cold Iron Arrows are 2 gold pieces.

Each arrow made Silver adds 2 gold pieces to the arrow cost.
Each arrow made Adamantine adds 60 gold pieces to the arrow cost.

20 Silver arrows would then be 41 gold pieces.
20 Cold Iron arrows would be 2 gold pieces.
10 Adamantine arrows would then be 601 gold pieces.

Adding this all up gives a total cost of 644 gold pieces. Multiplying by 50 gives 32,200 gold pieces.

There should be a reduction based on effectiveness of the items and the lack of permanency for the arrows.

I doubt that I would pay more than 5,000 gold pieces for such an item though. I would rather just carry around an Efficient Quiver with a large number of each arrow type that might come in handy or load up a number of backup quivers with specialty arrows.

Remove ads