• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Daedalus (Issue #4)

Agamon

Adventurer
Initiative: Misha 25 (1S, 2HP), Neutron 22 (1S, HP, unconscious), Blizzard 21 (1S, HP), Lupa 15 (1S, 2HP, wolf form), Elementor 15 (1S, 2HP, stunned), Cumulus 14 (2HP), Mimic 11 (1S, HP, unconscious), Sarah 11 (1S, 2HP, unconscious), Shimmering Samurai 9 (2HP, 1S, stunned), Silvertip 9 (2S, 4L, 5HP, fatigued, unconscious), Big Ugly 9 (8VP, entangled), Tyroc 4 (2HP)

Meanwhile, the huge beast of a man doesn't look like he wants or needs any help. He growls incoherently in anger and slams his enormous hands together, causing a crashing *boom* that rivals the Cumulus' bolts of lightning! A nearly visible wave of air quickly pulses out from him, causing debris to fly and crash into everything and everyone around him! Jennifer, Rachel and Misha manage to withstand the blast, merely being pelted by debris, but everyone else that is hit by it goes sailing back from the beast, many remain crumpled and lying on the ground or on top of debris…

That includes everyone but Tyroc (who's just out of range) and Cumulus, who is checking on JD. And yes, the following DCs are correct…

Reflex saves (DC 31): Fails: Neutron 21, Blizzard 21, Elementor 15, Mimic 13 - HP used - 21, Sarah 16, Silvertip 11 - HP used - 19 Lupa 27, SS 13 - HP used - 26; Succeeds: Misha 31
Damage saves:
Neutron (DC 36): 20, 1S, unconscious
Blizzard (DC 28): 13 - HP used - 23, 1S
Elementor (DC 29): 20, 1S, stunned
Mimic (DC 36): 23, 1S, unconscious
Sarah (DC 29): 8, 1S, unconscious
Silvertip (DC 26): 10, 1S, unconscious
Lupa (DC 25): 9 - HP used - 22, 1S
SS (DC 21): 14, 1S, stunned
Misha (DC 18): 6 – HP used – 13, 1S

Tyroc, Misha, Blizzard, Lupa, Elementor are up

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Lupa swells to her her 8 foot battle-form. "Tyrone, this guy just took out half of us in one move. We could barely scratch him before, I doubt we are going to do it now. Call in a Nuke or do something, cause your trying to slow this guy is just flat out not working, and we are not gonna be able to touch him." She calls out, grabbing the closet pair of unconscious Elites and leaping away from the giant as far as she can in one leap.

Tokiwong

First Post
"Damn it... fall back... Lupa get them to safty immediately we need to regroup and fast... everyone haul ass back to the aerodyne... I will try and slow him down or at least keep him focused on me..." Misha orders.

Leadership usage... Taunt on the Big Ugly once more, Taunt +10, mke the Big Goon focus on him... not a good thing... but he may just survive... probably not.

"Over here... we don't want to hurt you... but you are leaving us no choice... lets talk this out like gentlemen... or not..." Misha says to the giant!

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tyrone barely has the authority to order a pizza, much less an airstrike, much less a nuclear missile, Jennifer snaps, her frustration causing her to lash out at her team. Not to mention that a nuclear warhead in the middle of Washington would be kill thousands, not to mention the PR brilliance. That's not an option.

I'll hold this guy off until you all think of a better solution than destroying our nation's capital! Jennifer says as she attacks the Elite again while throwing up a localized blizzard in his vicinity, to blind and disorient him.

Attack at +9 melee (+11L), use Obscure with radius centered around the bad guy.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Tyrone barely has the authority to order a pizza, much less an airstrike, much less a nuclear missile, Jennifer snaps, her frustration causing her to lash out at her team. Not to mention that a nuclear warhead in the middle of Washington would be kill thousands, not to mention the PR brilliance. That's not an option.

I'll hold this guy off until you all think of a better solution than destroying our nation's capital! Jennifer says as she attacks the Elite again while throwing up a localized blizzard in his vicinity, to blind and disorient him.

Attack at +9 melee (+11L), use Obscure with radius centered around the bad guy.
"I need you to get our teammates to safety... blind him then get them to safety now!" Misha says aloud, "Attacking him is doing nothing but pissing it off!"

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Tyrone attempts a final time to slow the brute, giving a sharp whistle to grab his attention so he knows where the beam came from. Let's see if he'll follow me to the harbor, he thinks to himself. Maybe my beam will encourage him a little better.

Slow +8, Taunt +8

Tokiwong

First Post
Calinon said:
Tyrone attempts a final time to slow the brute, giving a sharp whistle to grab his attention so he knows where the beam came from. Let's see if he'll follow me to the harbor, he thinks to himself. Maybe my beam will encourage him a little better.

Slow +8, Taunt +8
Should we do aid another... we really are working at cross purposes with us both Taunting...

Agamon

Adventurer
Initiative: Misha 25 (1S, 2HP), Neutron 22 (1S, 2HP, unconscious), Blizzard 21 (1S, 2HP), Lupa 15 (2HP, hybrid form), Elementor 15 (1S, 2HP, stunned), Cumulus 14 (2HP), Mimic 11 (1S, HP, unconscious), Sarah 11 (1S, 2HP, unconscious), Shimmering Samurai 9 (2HP, 1S, stunned), Silvertip 9 (2S, 4L, 5HP, fatigued, unconscious), Big Ugly 9 (8VP, entangled), Tyroc 4 (3HP)

Tyroc keeps trying to slow the huge beast down. He tags it with his beam, and though he can feel it almost taking hold, the elite fights it off. The beast looks up at the person he missed with his attack still bothering him and growls.

Attack roll: 9, HP used, 18 hits
Will save (DC 18): 18 succeeds (d'oh, just about)

Taunt check: 22
Sense Motive check: 5

Shouting out orders, Misha also tries to get the big man's attention. He roars back at Misha in response, obviously not happy with all the attention.

Taunt check: 29
Sense Motive check: 9

Lying awkwardly on a pile of rubble he landed upon, Neutron doesn't stir.

Jennifer pays little heed to Misha, continuing to lash out at the monster as she expands some of her ice shard form about the beast, trying to obscure his vision.

Attack roll: 10, hp used, 28 hits
Damage check (DC 17): 27 succeeds

Rachel, shifting forms, leaps towards the unconscious forms of Miguel and Sarah and picks them up, preparing to flee with them.

Move and pick-ups are all you get this round, Shal. FYI, I had the Big Guy focus on the highest Taunt roll (Misha). Elementor is up, assuming you want to use an HP to unstun. Mimic, if you want to try and wake up (a good assumption, I think) let me know.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads