Critical Role PSA: You are not Matt Mercer

darjr

I crit!
I LOVE all the new faces and players. I also love learning new things and styles.
I many of these folks will go on forming their own tables and games.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
A lot of us wanted to and tried to create our own campaign worlds when we started out - didn't hurt that when I started, it was before FR was published and there were reams of setting material out there. It's normal and most of our attempts fall flat. It's part of the learning process. Best we can do, when a DM's world peters or flames out, is to pick the poor DMs up, dust them off, bandage their skinned knees, and let them know that the next attempt will be better. And the next attempt after that will be better still.

The DM in this case did not take it well! He ended up switching with me, then ended up dropping out entirely because his character got hurt and almost died in the campaign (pro-tip: don't go swimming with piranhas while you're bleeding).

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I LOVE all the new faces and players. I also love learning new things and styles.
I many of these folks will go on forming their own tables and games.

I bet you're the kind of person who likes going to game conventions and playing at tables with lots of new people.

Also, Tyberius was definitely not the most memorable CR PC. Does someone really remember his accent?
I wouldn't call him the most memorable, but he was definitely my favorite character until... things started to happen. I do remember being really confused about why they were upset with Tyberius killing the unconscious bandit when Grog had murdered three prisoners earlier. Then I discovered the issue was OOC and it all made sense. There was nothing wrong with the character itself.

I love this bit, and think of it every episode that Nott doesn't use her magic leathers.

I rolled a natural 20 on my invasive body odor skill check and got so excited I spilled my 60oz Mountain Dew.
I once dm'd at a con and someone who i would not exactly call attractive managed to "seduce" a con girl who was also playing irl. He got so excited when he realized hed rolled a nat 20 on his irl "seduce gamer girl" check that when he jerked in surprise at her handing him her number the contents of his coke can managed to defy gravity and splash UP about a foot and a half into the bottom of his laptop which was turned on. It of course immediately short circuited but he was completely unbothered because "got the (nerd) girl".

I still have no idea to this day how that person passed the check though.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Hahaha. I always get sad when someone says "They are paid actors, nobody can be as good as them!" Because while Matt is a really talented person, most of the Players are pretty average. They forget their abilities constantly, often aren't prepared when their turn comes up, argue for large chunks of time, etc. After 5 years, you would think they could figure things out. But Liam is the only one who has.

Sounds like my crew.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases