[PsiHB => XPH] Suggestions for a PW built using Trigger Power?

jaults

First Post
I am currently playing a Human Ftr1/Rog1/PW4. His schitck is to Trigger Animal Affinity on Str (Since he started with an 18 Str, he makes the Trigger roll fairly often), then Trigger on Con, then Dex, etc... Then he charges, screaming, into battle, waving his ancestral bastard sword around over his head. He is the front rank fighter in a small party (Rgr, Brd, artificer/golem master-type custom class).

He has Inner Strength, Talented, Psi Weapon and Trigger Power (Animal Affinity). He has Biofeedback, Combat Precognition and (obviously) Animal Affinity. He has hella ranks in Tumble, and uses it to bounce around the battlefield without too much concern for AoOs and the like. Some of those convert directly, some don't.

Obviously, I am going to need to spend some of his skill ranks on Concentration. I am also thinking I will want to pick up Psionic Meditation - that 2d6 damage from Psionic Weapon seems nice.

The DM is willing to work with me on options, since it seems like my concept is pretty much screwed. I may drop/modify either or both of the Ftr/Rog levels, especially since I may be able to better get what I want out of either a single level of Swashbuckler or Unfettered (neither of which existed when I created the character).

Any suggestions on how to recreate him with the new version of Psionics?

Thanks,
Jason

PS - Oh, and for those that don't bemoan the loss of Talents, he has Elfsight, and uses it all the time. Feel my pain...

Spatula

Explorer
A 3rd level Metamind gets 3 free 2nd-level power manifestations per day. Unfortunately you need to be a 4th level manifester in order to qualify for the class, so it wouldn't be possible to retrofit Metamind levels onto your current character.

jaults

First Post
Cool suggestions, but not what I was looking for. I ended up completely recreating him as an Unfettered 1/PW 5. The Unfettered is kinda what I was going for with Rog 1/Ftr 1 anyway, and with an additional level of PW, he gets more pp and an additional 2nd level power. I also suggested re-replacing Search with Tumble in the PW skill list.

We play on Saturday, so we'll see a) how my DM likes it and b) if he survives to 7th level...

Thanks,
Jason

Remove ads