D&D 5E Psionics in a sci-fi D&D

How would you do it?

• Reskin magic

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • Totally new system

Votes: 85 64.9%

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It matters, because we are not talking about a psionic system for the game as a whole. We a talking about a psionic system for a specific reskin of D&D to Science Fiction.
I don't believe that's exactly true. The most likely reason for Morrus' question is in regards to an announced sci-fi supplement to Level Up. Given the sci-fi roots for psionics in literature, a sci-fi supplement for 5e would be an excellent place for psionic rules to appear, where they could subsequently be used in any Level Up game, and hence, any 5e game.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I don't believe that's exactly true. The most likely reason for Morrus' question is in regards to an announced sci-fi supplement to Level Up. Given the sci-fi roots for psionics in literature, a sci-fi supplement for 5e would be an excellent place for psionic rules to appear, where they could subsequently be used in any Level Up game, and hence, any 5e game.
It looks like Voidrunners Codex might be the name.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I think that would be a good place for @Morrus to start (with lots and lots of pruning). I wonder how much is in the public domain since WotC abandoned it?
As far as I know, ceasing to publish copyright material does nothing to put it in the public domain. Outside an actual release of the copyright, the copyright remains in effect. One of the copyright holder‘s rights is to not publish the material.

See Welcome to the Public Domain for a good discussion of how material can lose its copyright.

TomB

Last edited:

Remove ads