Psionics Survey Results: Generally Positive But More Work Needed

WotC has published the results of last month's psionics survey. They indicate a generally positive reaction to the playtest psionics rules, with some aspects proving less popular, especially the way psionics and magic interact, and the mystic class itself getting lower scores. The general conclusion is that more work is needed on the psionics rules, and that there will be another draft in a couple of months.

WotC has published the results of last month's psionics survey. They indicate a generally positive reaction to the playtest psionics rules, with some aspects proving less popular, especially the way psionics and magic interact, and the mystic class itself getting lower scores. The general conclusion is that more work is needed on the psionics rules, and that there will be another draft in a couple of months.

Find the survey resuts here.

Gadget

Adventurer
There were people who actually liked the mystic and its take on psionics? Who were these people? Most of the feedback I heard about it here was entirely negative.

I did; including the name. I felt it was far more adaptable to a wider variety of general medievalish D&D settings than "psion". Certain flavor (I'm not a huge fan of the far realms) and balance issues might need to be tweaked, but over all I felt it was intriguing.

Most of the boards, iirc, seemed cautiously optimistic about it (other than the name and perhaps the far realm flavor). Certainly nowhere near the negative feedback being generated by the recent alternate Ranger thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads