Psionics Survey Results: Generally Positive But More Work Needed

WotC has published the results of last month's psionics survey. They indicate a generally positive reaction to the playtest psionics rules, with some aspects proving less popular, especially the way psionics and magic interact, and the mystic class itself getting lower scores. The general conclusion is that more work is needed on the psionics rules, and that there will be another draft in a couple of months.

WotC has published the results of last month's psionics survey. They indicate a generally positive reaction to the playtest psionics rules, with some aspects proving less popular, especially the way psionics and magic interact, and the mystic class itself getting lower scores. The general conclusion is that more work is needed on the psionics rules, and that there will be another draft in a couple of months.

Find the survey resuts here.

Halivar

First Post
I was quite satisfied in play. The player took mystic, and while he was not overwhelming, he had a very unique schtick that made him interesting. I am a big fan of the 5-level partial class idea.

Zaran

Adventurer
They should have asked our opinion about adding a completely new setting as opposed to just our favorite setting. I think every edition should have it's own new setting.

Remathilis

Legend
It was nice they asked what kind of products we want this go around (I was mostly neutral on the GenCon stuff). Everything from splats to settings. Hopefully, that will gauge their next set of sourcebooks.

Also, it looks like updated psionics in November.

Zaran

Adventurer
I think the lack of presence at GenCon relates to the lack of things they have to say. I do not like their strategy of not informing consumers on what they are working on until it's almost ready. The fact that they get harassed when something is cancelled should be expected instead of reason to clam up. I've stated this opinion in the survey.

JeffB

Legend
I was glad to see them asking the questions they did about adventure products. It won't amount to a hill of beans, but I gave 'em what for ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads