• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PSS #29: The Devil We Know (Pt.1) - Shipyard Rats

jkason

First Post
Baliere Duldrem, human cleric

Baliere, having taken careful aim as he waited, takes a well-aimed shot at Kade's foe when the warrior gives him the opening. The bolt strikes true, hitting the sailor's leg and nearly catching the femeral artery.

"I think Desna likes it much better when I'm not within weapons' reach," the cleric muses as his ranged attacks continue to outshine his rather dismal performance at melee range.

OOC: Unless these guys have an absolutely abysmal AC, the crit wasn't confirmed, so I wrote the post assuming that. :)

[sblock=resources used]Channel Energy used / avail: 5/5
Agile feet rounds used / aval: 1/6
Freedom of Movement rounds used / avail: 0/1
Spells used: Shield of Faith (spontaneous heal)
Crossbow bolts: 3/10 [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ow! Dang coward on the boat!" the sailor says limping up to swing at Kade. He positions himself so now that same trick won't work. The sailor fighting Kronk though doesn't notice as he fights for his life against the half-orc.

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]
Character            AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Baliere              17   9  m.star/none (max hp = 9)
Kade                 17  13  t.sword/none (max hp = 13) 
Sailor1              16   [COLOR=Yellow]4[/COLOR]  q.staff/none
Sailor2              16   [COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR]   q.staff/none
Kronk                16  10  axe/[COLOR=White]none [/COLOR](max hp = 10)
Ingio                [COLOR=RoyalBlue]18[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]11[/COLOR]  cetus/[COLOR=DarkOrchid][I]elixir[/I][/COLOR](max hp = 9or11)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Kronk and Ingio are up. And if Kronk doesn't kill the sailor he is fighting (only 4 hp left). He could take a 5' step away and open up the sailor to be attacked by range weapons/bombs.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ingio decides to take advantage of the opening left by Kronk, and hurls a bomb at the sailor. Unfortunately, he rushes the throw and the bomb sails high and to the left, missing the narrow gangplank and splashing harmlessly into the bay. The strange substance sizzles and glows for a few seconds before burning itself out and sinking into the depths.

[sblock=HM]Ingio is at 9/9 HP, AC 16/13/14[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Baliere Duldrem, human cleric of Desna

"Wisdom is often mistaken for cowardice by the foolhardy," Baliere quips as the sailor curses him. As Kronk's opponent flinches from the splash of the mis-thrown bomb, the cleric finds another opening, sinking a crossbow bolt into his side.

OOC: I believe Baliere's now switched positions with Kade in the initiative because of his held / readied action, but that still puts him ahead of the sailors, so I'm going to go ahead and post his action once I roll

[sblock=resources used]Channel Energy used / avail: 5/5
Agile feet rounds used / aval: 1/6
Freedom of Movement rounds used / avail: 0/1
Spells used: Shield of Faith (spontaneous heal)
Crossbow bolts: 4/10 [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The sailors start to look a little bit on the scarred side and seem to be rethinking their rush to "have fun".

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]
Character            AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Kade                 17  13  t.sword/none (max hp = 13)
Baliere              17   9  c.bow/none (max hp = 9)
Sailor1              16   [COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]  q.staff/none
Sailor2              16   [COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR]  q.staff/none
Kronk                16  10  axe/[COLOR=White]none [/COLOR](max hp = 10)
Ingio                16   9  cetus/none(max hp = 9)
[/sblock]

OOC: Kade is up. Then the sailors.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] 24 hour bump even though I don't think it truly need renau1g usually catches up after the weekends this is just to put this on his list of to do's :p

will update tonight regardless.[/sblock]

Remove ads