• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: 165 Vock Row

Wool

First Post
Needless to say, I have had a lot of time to think about this. :p I believe I know how Thurst would react. Will wait to see what you guys give me to play off of.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We are leveling up mid-adventure.

At 2nd level, everyone gets the average of their hit dice, rounded up. So d4 means 3 hit points, d6 means 4 hit points, d8 means 5 hit points, d10 means 6 hit points and d12 means 7. Add (or subtract) your Constitution bonus from this score.

You get skill points for leveling up based on your class, plus another skill point for being human, plus skill points equal to your Intelligence bonus.

Other improvements, like spells per day, additional bonus to attack, new feats, and so on, are based on your class.

Google "D20" to find a number of sites with complete information online.

Wool

First Post
Thanks, I actually have a bookmark to a wizard's of the coast reference page, but it doesn't break it down and tell a newb what exactly comes from leveling up, I think I have it now.

One question though, I assume the hitpoint I have lost is still going to be counted off until my next rest?

Edit: I guess I could use some skill advice. Heal is listed as an important cleric skill, but I've just been using level 0 spells to stop others from bleeding to death, do I really need to put that many points into it? I know Concentration is important, but putting points into the various machine disciplines fits the character I envisioned. I wanted to have him make his own trinkets and weapons (assuming I did more adventures with him), and it turns out craft (firearms) is a seperate skill I don't even have yet.

Last edited:

Wool

First Post
Maybe just repost her character sheet yourself so you can edit it. It might not be serving Ringbang very well at the moment anyway, since the HP and such can't be updated.

Remove ads